Author Topic: Car boot December 20th  (Read 1450 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Car boot December 20th
« on: December 21, 2009, 07:51:55 AM »
Well the weather was very kind to us again this Sunday. The sun even came out in the afternoon. It was well attended but not as busy as our record breaking one of last month. However everyone was very happy with their days takings. The Carnival stall made 242 TL and the  total made from the day including the raffle came to 1404TL. All of which will go towards the children of Calis. Well done everyone who turned up to help yesterday.
The winner of the fresh food hamper which was generously donated by Brian from Village Garden at Nif was won by Sue AKA. Sugary Baba. The hamper also included a fresh duck donated by Hilary. Second prize of a free night out on New year's Eve at the New Buffalo Restaurant in Fethiye was won by Stefan from the card shop. Congratulations to them both.
The day was slightly marred by a car trying to sell live turkeys from the back of his car. This was a very distressing sight to see. He was seen off twice and we have his car number. Also a man trying to sell 2 puppies. (Also given short thrift). It has to be stressed that anyone selling livestock WILL NOT BE TOLERATED at the Car boots and anyone spotting them must report it to the Committee table Immediately. Although we have stewards at the events, we can't be everywhere and these people are very devious. Anyway thanks again to everyone yesterday. Have a great Xmas.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 07:55:23 AM by mercury »

Offline sugarybaba

Car boot December 20th
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 11:09:57 AM »
Can't believe I won the hamper - it made my day !!
After the awfulness of the last few weeks it came as a lovely pleasant surprise
I had a lovely day on sunday - got lotsa bargains then had some nice drinks at the Nil then Annas with some good friends
Later went to Mandy's for drinks and food for Turgut's birthday and to celebrate with Sarah and Murat on the addition of Harry the puppy to their home !!
Never had such a good day - thanks to Brian and Hilary for the goodies   Hope ther is swede and parsnips in there Brian and plum sauce :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Offline sugarybaba

Car boot December 20th
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 11:12:06 AM »
PS Have a lovely Xmas and New year everyone and thanks to all of you who have been so kind to me  :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf