Author Topic: We need carers  (Read 1345 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
We need carers
« on: April 15, 2013, 17:24:37 PM »
Animal Aid need carers.....
Animal Aid, the local animal welfare group who care for the street animals of Fethiye, are looking for foster carers for animals that have had veterinary treatment and need a recuperation period, sometimes short term sometimes longer.

These animals mainly cats and dogs may have had treatments for broken bones, external injuries, internal operations, infections or just minor operations such as neutering, we cannot put then straight back on the street as they need aftercare maybe for a few days maybe weeks or months.

Animal Aid are rescuing more and more injured and sick animals now and many of them require veterinary treatment and aftercare, what we would like to do now is set up a database of really caring people that are willing to fostercare for these animals.
We have several very good carers already who are very caring loyal people and enjoy the feeling of seeing these pets recover and be set free or sent to new homes even being re-homed abroad, here are a few quotes from these people….

Belinda de Leeuw

I met Animal Aid first through their FB site and was impressed by the work they did. I met them for real when I was willing to take a street dog in. They offered help and support straight away. Later on, when there was a young dog found on the street with a badly broken leg I offered my help for fostering him. Also because I knew there is a team of Animal Aid there to support me.
Most people say to me “I could never do that! I could never let the poor creature go again”. But in my experience you can. If you know there is a loving family waiting or even maybe still has to be found. I am sure you can. And most important, would you leave an ill or wounded animal out on the street?
This foster experience I will never forget. It was so grateful to do, and he became a dear member of the family in those months. Animal Aid took care of all things necessary, the shots, neutering etc. They even picked him up for me as I have no car. They supported me with food when needed and if there would be anything I could call them always. He recovered fine; we had a great time together. This loving foster boy is now in a new family. They send me pictures, he is doing great. I will for sure foster for Animal Aid again, I loved doing it. And the need for foster families is sadly enough very high. They are doing a great job, but they can’t do it all alone.

Michelle Sheperd

Patrick – oh Patrick. I first saw a picture of Patrick on facebook –Animal Aid, Fethiye were looking for a foster home for him – he needed caring for – he had been shot in the shoulder and had been operated on by Serkan – who had saved his leg and had saved Patrick - he needed someone to care for him until he was fully recovered and to help him adjust to family life rather than the 'life on the streets' he was used to. I just knew I had to offer him a foster home.
I soon learned that acting as a foster parent is an excellent way to welcome a dog into your home whilst helping an animal in need.
I would recommend fostering an animal to everyone – it was a fabulous experience – yes, it is hard ‘giving them up’ but it was lovely knowing that we had made a difference to a disadvantaged dog and in return we received unconditional love from Patrick.
If you love animals and are unable to adopt one, please consider the option of becoming a foster parent.
If you love animals and are unable to adopt one, please consider the option of becoming a foster parent.

SarahTucker
Fostering gives tremendous satisfaction, even though you get so attached you know the animals in great need will soon have a forever loving home

If you would like to be one of these people please contact usa
Animal Aid on 0535 0641417 or
animalaidfethiye@hotmil.com
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 18:06:20 PM by tinkerman »

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Re: We need carers
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 17:37:07 PM »
All these animals are at the vets now after receiving operations of various levels, all are recovering well   :) they all need a carer to look after them now til at least they are fully recovered or even forever if possible   :)

To all the people who have recently donated to Animal Aid in one way or another, we send a very big thank you on their behalf   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf