Author Topic: transfer to Antalya  (Read 1084 times)

Offline mibur

transfer to Antalya
« on: September 27, 2008, 20:19:03 PM »
After many hours of searching for a flight back to the UK from Turkey I have managed to find one at a more reasonable price (£158)each, one way, only drawback is that it is from Antalya. How often do the buses run from Fethiye to Antalya and what is the cost? We are thinking of travelling to Antalya the day before our flight home and staying overnight in a hotel close to the airport. Any info much appreciated.

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
transfer to Antalya
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 22:18:32 PM »
I don't know how often they run, but it is quite regular, and the price is 20ytl, taxi cost 170ytl and ambulance 350ytl, 3rd one is the last resort, lol. Alan

Offline rosie10

• CHRIS AND SUE SMITH
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 22:54:14 PM »
My sister and I got a bus in July from Fethiye to Antalya - the buses run quite frequently - if I remember correctly there were probably around six a day from the operator we used.  You need to go to the bus station in Fethiye and book the tickets from one of the operators, this can be done in advance.  I can't remember now which operator we used but the man in the bus station was very good and even asked the driver to put us on the correct bus for Side once we reached the bus station in Antalya. (which he did). The journey took about 3 1/2 hours, but it does stop for a break of 15 mins at a cafe so you can go to the loo and have a drink, smoke of whatever.  The locals also stopped it once for someone to go to a shop for cigs and another time when a few got off, trooped into a shop and bought bread and drinks!!

There are two routes - the mountain one which is the one we used or the coastal road which I understand takes a couple of hours longer.

Once you are out of Fethiye the bus hardly stopped to pick up or drop off passengers until it reached Antalya.  The locals seem to use it as a postal service as on both journeys the buss was stopped and packages were put on and then dropped off at their destination.

Brilliant journey and I would certainly do it again.

Offline GrantT

transfer to Antalya
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 21:23:01 PM »
We went in July and I think it was 16 lira each on the smaller coaches which run about 6 times throughout the day from the new Otogar. As mentioned above it took about three and a half hours with a break. The coach was comfy and clean and the guys in the Otogar were very helpful.

Good luck

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf