Author Topic: Hire Car Insurance Excess  (Read 1059 times)

Offline johntaylor49

Hire Car Insurance Excess
« on: June 06, 2013, 11:48:29 AM »
Be careful folks, what a lot of operators do in this very competitive market is to have a
high insurance Excess and it is hard to not get a scratch on a car in Turkey! Then what they
do is for the slightest thing take the exceas from your card! For example one Company i discussed renting
a car with had a minimum £400 excess!

I rented with Fethiye Rent a car after they confirmed with me that there was no excess with their CDW!

You can actually rent with a Compnay that chrges this and insure against it in the UK, lost of sites insure against
the excess on a hire car, about £38 on average.

JT

Offline johntaylor49

Re: Hire Car Insurance Excess
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 12:03:28 PM »
I Just double checked with Ibrahim at Fethiye Car Rental and he has confirmed that for unknown damage -- eg someone drives into the Car in a Car Park or on the road Parked it is £150 excess!

JT

Offline Dutchie

Re: Hire Car Insurance Excess
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 14:24:00 PM »
This is what a lot of the carrental companies do unfortunately.
Sometimes the cars aren't kasko insured or if they are, it's just a way of making some extra money.

I highly recommend Toronto rent a car in Ovacik (they deliver to Calis, not a problem).
He charges 23 pounds per day for short term rental and this includes windows and tires.

He doesn't take any excess, even not when it's an unknown damage.
I've just checked with him what happens in the above mentioned situation and he says that it's not a problem. As long as the driver gets a police report stating that an unknown vehicle has damaged the car. Of course the owner of the company (named Halil) helps in this situation.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf