Author Topic: New Mosque  (Read 16964 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: New Mosque
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2019, 06:51:38 AM »

Offline skibumuk

« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2019, 17:12:03 PM »
Get some of these from Boots. https://www.boots.com/boots-muffle-wax-earplugs-5-pairs-10114104
I use them when trying to sleep during the day after a night shift. They stay in and block out nearly all sound.

Offline WendyA

« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2019, 01:30:25 AM »
The Turkish woman at the German Bakery is very angry about the volume from the speakers outside there.  She says she has complained so many times they just turn it up there. It is so loud you have to wait until it’s over before continuing your conversation. 😢

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2019, 06:42:33 AM »
Did I read on poss a fb group that the speaker by the Nevada hotel has been removed?
On my recent trip I defo don’t recall hearing it being really loud early morning, more like the good old days of just hearing it in the distance.   :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2019, 10:28:37 AM »
Get some of these from Boots. https://www.boots.com/boots-muffle-wax-earplugs-5-pairs-10114104
I use them when trying to sleep during the day after a night shift. They stay in and block out nearly all sound.

Only just seen this - will give them a try before we go

Offline PaulJ

• Newly Registered
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2019, 14:44:31 PM »
We had a mosque within 25 metres of the riad we stayed in when we visited Marrakesh a few years ago.  That had about 3 or 4 speakers on the wall / roof blasting out the call to prayer at all hours.  Why not just set watches or put an alarm on mobile phones for the appropriate times as everyone seems to have that capability these days.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2019, 14:52:59 PM »

Only just seen this - will give them a try before we go

I don't about anyone else, but I can't wear any kind of earplug because when I do I can hear myself breathing and that keeps me awake.

Offline busybee

« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2019, 09:52:20 AM »
IMO is you choose to holiday or own property in Turkey, mosque's are part and parcel of their country. Like any other country, you accept their culture, history and customs. Same when Turkish visit the UK and accept British way of life, the good and the not so good.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf