Author Topic: Stuart MacDonald (aka Rod Stewart) Memorial  (Read 12054 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Stuart MacDonald (aka Rod Stewart) Memorial
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2019, 18:26:18 PM »

It transpires that due to the generosity of CBF members (and the people of the Calis on the Tribute Night compered by Rimms) there is money left over.

So to recap this topic in brief:

There was not money left over as previously reported. In fact it is quite the opposite - the 8,738.91 TL raised was not enough money and now a further 1800 TL is being sought.

We have had a farce of a topic discussing how the (non-existent) surplus could best be spent.

Can someone from 3C charity come here and firstly explain this massive miscommunication, and secondly provide details on how the money raised by the generous people of CBF & Calis was spent?

Offline charlste

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2019, 20:01:07 PM »
Exactly Keith and that is what a lot of people are wondering.i am here a lot and know linda very well and there is a lot of disappointed people.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2019, 20:23:05 PM »
The 3Cs will respond but the whole thing is down to  miscommunication.

Having spoken to Linda she was unaware of just how much was raised and paid the 1800tl not knowing there was a surplus after the 3Cs paid the initial Invoice submitted by Lee.

The 3Cs were not approached by Linda or Lee for additional funding. If they had been I am sure they would have provided it without hesitation.

Offline charlste

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2019, 20:26:51 PM »
There was no communication with Linda and thats been the problem.

Offline charlste

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2019, 20:28:09 PM »
Keith as just said that there was not any surplus money.

Offline cathy h

« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2019, 21:23:45 PM »
I hope that I can clarify the situation regarding the monies raised by CBF and at the tribute event held in recognition of Stuart's support  for the local disadvantaged children via the 3C's.

Linda asked for all of the arrangements and communications to go through Lee, which the 3C's were happy to comply with.
John (Highlander) transferred £670 raised by CBF members.
The event held at Lee's bar raised 3,411.05tl plus £55.
Total converted to TL came to 8473.65 tl.
As per Linda's wishes, Lee was given the 6,400tl in March to cover the cost that he had paid to the company that he used for the grave, which I believe was from Antalya, leaving a balance of 2073.65tl.
The members originally preferred that the remaining balance of the money be used for a child with hearing problems. As we receive these requests intermittently, this was waiting for the appropriate opportunity.
We have never been contacted regarding further work on the plinth, so I was completely unaware that this has been a more recent extra cost. I am also surprised that this wasn't included in the original costs.
I was also unaware that Linda is here in Çalış at the moment.
Having spoken to John over the last couple of days, we have waited to see what Linda's wishes were regarding the remainder of the money, and John has reported that on this thread.
The balance will be paid to Linda, which of course covers the extra costs and she can then decide on the plaque that she would like.
Hopefully this clears up any questions.
Again, CBF have stepped up to help a very worthy cause, honouring the efforts of a lovely man who helped the local children in need.
Thank you

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2019, 18:28:28 PM »
I would like to comment on this further but it may well be a long post which I don't want to do on my mobile or tablet so it will be sometime next week .

Offline charlste

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2019, 21:09:45 PM »
Ok Highlander.
Enjoy the rest of your time in calis.

Offline Jack13

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2019, 15:03:52 PM »
my gracious thanks on behalf of linda and my self to highlander and the representative from 3cs for resolving this matter.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2019, 20:03:48 PM »
First and foremost…….

Without scunner’s (Keith’s) instigation of a fundraiser on CBF and without the subsequent Tribute Night, facilitated by the 3Cs, happening, Stuart would not have the grave in Turkey that he has.

That is an honourable and splendid thing to have happened and is a fitting accolade to a very remarkable man.

Cathy h and I had an emotional meeting with Linda last Wednesday during which Cathy explained the events following the initial work carried out at the grave.

The balance of the monies raised was handed over during the meeting.

Through her tears, Linda expressed the wish to have two of Stuart’s “Rod” jackets mounted, framed and hung in Lees Bar with a plaque detailing his selfless charity work for the kids.

Cathy undertook to find out who would be able to do this for her which she duly did. But Lee has again taken it upon himself to arrange for the frames.

On reflection that’s all I would really like to say.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf