Author Topic: faralya  (Read 2093 times)

Offline cassie5

• Newly Registered
faralya
« on: June 06, 2019, 15:28:30 PM »
hi im wondering whats the journey like from fethiye to faralya ive heard its a daunting experience. as my partner is terrified of heights is it that bad for vertigo sufferers.i look forward to your replies.thanks.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: faralya
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 16:01:51 PM »
It's very nice trip in a dolmus. On the way there you're on the right-hand side of the road, so there's plenty of chances to look down on the boats heading to and from Butterfly Valley and the local fishing boats.

Anyway, I can't understand folks who are scared of heights. It's not heights that kill you, it's the ground.  ;)

Offline philrose

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 16:48:16 PM »
I'd give it a swerve until after Bayram though...

Offline sadler

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 19:05:25 PM »
I have fear of heights, but went by dolmus from Fethiye to The Olive Tree/garden/branch (sorry, forget the name) going through Faralya. The journey is beautiful and the views certainly dumb any fears of height. Do it, I would advise. You only live once,   :) I would certainly do it again.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 12:36:59 PM »
If he really is terrified of heights I'd leave it because the thought of the return journey will probably spoil the day in between... not want you want to hear I know but the roads are quite narrow in places, there are some almost sheer drops and there is a sharp almost 360 degree turn on an uphill and downhill (depending on which way you're going) bend.

That said it is worth the trip and hopefully you'll be back on to say you did it and it wasn't as bad as I'd made it sound  ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf