Author Topic: Private Boat Trip  (Read 2558 times)

Offline storeyd1966

• Newly Registered
Private Boat Trip
« on: June 08, 2019, 07:34:29 AM »
We will be returning to Calis in early July and as it is our daughters birthday while we are there we thought it would be nice to hire a private boat for the day.

There will 5 of us and the boat would need to have ample room for the 5 of us to sunbathe, indoor seating area to provide some shade, provide a nice lunch and have a well stocked bar.

We have done the 12 islands boat trip on many occasions so it would be nice to go to a few quiet bays that perhaps we have not been to before.

Has anyone got any recommendations or contact details for someone who would provide this type of trip?

We are in Calis for 5 weeks so if we enjoy the trip would be likely to go again before the end of our holiday.

Offline CAROL BROWNE

Re: Private Boat Trip
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 10:12:34 AM »
Go with Alis no 21 boat from the canal Lovely family & lovely food

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 11:15:38 AM »
I would definitely go for one of the boats from Calis.
Not having to traipse to Fethiye first thing is a big factor, and the transfer isn’t free - Fethiye boats trips are more expensive.
We’ve also found the food better - typically 15 mezes, barbecued chicken and kofta, with cake and fruit in the afternoon.  The ones we’ve been on from Fethiye have had a ‘queue up and be served’ system, which we hated, whereas on the Calis ones, everyone sits round a big table, and the food is put on the table for people to help themselves.
Our favourites are Alis boat and Ekinim, mainly because we’ve used them a lot, but friends love other Calis boats.  They operate as a cooperative so have similar standards.

Offline pstevens

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 13:47:52 PM »
I can fully recomend sugar boat trips trip advisor No1 great food great company no overcrowding you will not be disapointed

Offline 1calis

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 14:27:36 PM »
As above Alis is a great day out. If it is a private trip you can tell him which areas you want to go to.

Offline storeyd1966

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 17:11:50 PM »
Thanks all for your recommendations.
How would we book for Als?
Do we book direct with Al or through the office by the bridge where you purchase tickets to go to Fethiye?

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 20:41:03 PM »
We have used Murat Kacar ,boat Turcanim 18 from the calis co-op boats and have had amazing day outs with him and his family over the past few years .
Food is exactly like other have said with loads of mezes to choose from and freshly bbq meat, sat around a seated area together. His boat is really comfortable with plenty of shade and sun bathing areas.
Only one point to remember that all the corporation boat trips are a set minimum price per boat (based on around 10 people if my memory serves my correctly) so your price will be the same if 5 persons go or 10.
I also read  recently the price is higher in july and aug still one of the best days out in my opinion.

I have a question to others though,...is it possible to hire co-op boats later in the day to go into the evening or do they have to return back to base by a certain time?.
 karen

Offline Menthol

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2019, 22:40:09 PM »
MarKar - many of the Çalis boats do sunset trips, certainly the family that run the boat we always choose do so. They also do the daily bay trips too.

Cannot recommend Kaptan Ali Kavak and his wife Elvan enough. They have the Yaren-E boat. Must have used their boat a good 20 times now and have never been disappointed with anything. We have booked again in July for a family and friends trip.

He is very popular and gets booked up quickly but like others have said, the co-operative all run to a similar standard and I'm sure there will be a boat for your chosen date. But do book as soon as you can, just in case.

Have a great time  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf