Author Topic: so hard for our calis friends  (Read 4497 times)

Offline blueclad

so hard for our calis friends
« on: March 30, 2020, 19:04:23 PM »
I feel so sorry for all our friends in Calis  turkey with no money, no jobs getting businesses ready for the season  to keep them all going with all the bills they have to pay due to non start of the season very soon ,
two of our best Turkish friends with 2 teenagers in UNI that they must keep paying the fees although they are shut down , the rent for their property almost  overdue and having to sell the car for 1000 TLR way below the market price to try to keep going, they like so many others work so hard in the season it breaks my heart to read about the hardship and suffering ,

I pray that this dreaded virus die down and the world can try to live again but alas not normal  as it was

Offline Ray1951

Re: so hard for our calis friends
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 20:42:09 PM »
It’s heartbreaking.  These people work long hours, have no days off and go that extra mile to ensure people have a great holiday.  The price of food in restaurants is inexpensive and great quality.  No one in the UK would work the hours they do for the wages that they receive. I do hope that something can be redeemed later in the season so that these people don’t lose out completely.

Offline Georgie Girl

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 20:48:56 PM »
Was wondering earlier today whether they could extend the season if travel is back on later in the year as hear that November and December can still be good. Would need the support of the airlines to carry on flying but sm sure people would go if they could just to get their Calis fix and it would mean a little more money for local businesses. Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 21:21:48 PM »
Very unlikely that tourists would be flocking to Turkey in November or December. Whilst those of us that know just how great it can be, they'll struggle to get newbies to come in preference to Spain which already has a well established 'winter break' reputation. Besides, I think the flight availability and costs will be prohibitive.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 14:49:04 PM »
It’s going to get much worse there unless they start staying indoors! I’ve just seen a video of Fethiye today and it’s very busy. Shops open in many places and cars everywhere.

https://www.facebook.com/593119026/posts/10159458439564027/

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 16:01:20 PM »
I saw a video too Stoop of Fethiye and Calis yester couldnt believe how many cars in Fethiye there were, Calis looked a lot better pretty deserted looking tho it was raining so I wonder if weather depending it would have been busier in Calis!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2020, 18:11:13 PM »
Speaking to friends out there, one of the concerns is the cruel timing of it all. Many hotels, restaurants and businesses have spent large sums on refurb and upgrade projects in anticipation of what looked to be a good tourist season coming.

Unfortunately, I think a fair proportion of this has been done by borrowing- again based on doing well this season.

I can only assume many of them have no chance of surviving this.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2020, 19:15:20 PM »
My heart bleeds for them,I know people who have borrowed to renovate on a promise of a good year.Lets just hope they can ride the storm

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2020, 19:33:54 PM »
Is the Turkish Government doing anything for business such as those in Calis ?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2020, 20:51:19 PM »
I haven’t heard of anything so far

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf