Author Topic: I want to ride my bicycle  (Read 4676 times)

Offline teresa321

I want to ride my bicycle
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 20:40:25 PM »
We went to good old Migros - top of the range 18 gears 159ytl suspension as well!  We have been happy with them but we are not bike experts.  We bought baskets at the bike shop opposite the Migros corner on the main road (if that makes sense). The young man in there was a fantastic help and sells any bit of any bike you could wish for.  If we had seen the shop first we may have bought there and I would certainly try him for a price comparison.

Migros had other bikes that were cheaper and different designs and they also had gears I just picked ours because I liked the colours (girly thing).

They were flat packed and you need an allen key and a couple of spanners to assemble (boo) but they went in the back of the taxi and I didn't have to ride it home (yippee).

Teresa

Offline AliBaker

• Festive Skinnydipper
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 21:33:18 PM »
Good post Teresa, we plan to buy bikes when we are out in august so we may look up "the young man at the bike shop opposite the Migros corner on the main road" 8)

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2005, 23:45:07 PM »
May seem like a daft question but can you hire bikes anywhere? We like the idea of cycling but we're not keen enough to want to own them!

Val

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2005, 00:15:07 AM »
There's a place on the front hires bikes Val.  On the right hand corner before you turn.  Noticed them in April when we were over although I'm not sure what condition they were in.
Anne

Offline dennisandrea

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2005, 00:30:04 AM »
there bikes aren't bad but make sure you check the brakes and that the saddle ujusts to your height my better half wondered why they never had any with more girlie friendly seats?, they charged me £4 for the day £8 for 2 bikes.............

dennis

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2005, 08:39:09 AM »
Many thanks Anne and Dennis

Offline Sinbad

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2005, 08:49:47 AM »
We bought ours from one of the many shops on the one-way road out of Fethiye past the perfume shop. Went to collect them an hour or so later and rode them back to Calis. Not as daunting as it sounds!

Offline dennisandrea

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2005, 10:10:05 AM »
thanks teresa,the young man in the shop is gonna wonder what he has done to up his custumer base,just goes to show what being nice and helpful can do.........dennis

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2005, 22:18:23 PM »
I thought that buying a couple of bikes for the Villa would be attractive to some, I did not reckon for one second that Eddie Merckx and Lance Armstong would turn up.

We have ridden the bikes up and down the prom a couple of times, this duo complained that we had a spoke missing! Who do you think is to blame?

PS
The bloody outfits are worth more than the bikes, and Graham, I have spotted that spoke!

Offline teresa321

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2005, 08:13:00 AM »
If I dressed like that on my bike I would look like I was from "Little Britain"

Teresa 8)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 08:14:18 AM by teresa321 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf