Author Topic: Dolphins  (Read 11393 times)

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Dolphins
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2007, 13:01:31 PM »
It shouldn't be, one or the other... Extremism is dangerous in any guise, whether it's promoting the individuals vision of Good or Bad, a modicum of history must surely, have taught us that....

Helping others understand and gaining support for a view point, is not (in my opinion) achieved by devaluing the quality of lives of, and, or views, of others, who perhaps perceive things differently, and hold different priorities.

All of the creatures on this earth have a right to be here, to enjoy the wonders of our world, including us 'humans'  

'The Circle of Life' is a fact, however unpalatable, we may sometimes find it.  

Out of every piece of bad, there is always some good, you just have to look a bit harder sometimes....

Offline Tonya

Dolphins
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2007, 13:13:41 PM »
Well said Cef.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Dolphins
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2007, 13:28:38 PM »
Cef, that was beautifully put,  thank you  :)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Dolphins
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2007, 05:35:01 AM »
If all the Dolphin aquaria are all boycotted they will go bust obviously......So ask yourself the question "What will happen to the Dolphins then?"  They cannot be released back to the sea as they do not have the survival skills and left alone they will starve.

Offline busybee

Dolphins
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2007, 14:16:19 PM »
Hi Fletch the Dolphin Park in Kas has a website - dolphinparkkas.com.  According to their info they have created a natural environment due to the natural rock in the sea. Apparently if dolphins are kept in concrete pools they loose their sonic senses etc.

Offline fletch

Dolphins
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2007, 17:42:22 PM »
Thanks for that Barbara,

have you ever been to swim with them? if not, you must go as the experience is fantastic.

I once spent 6 months in Belize and was lucky enough to swim with wild dolphins on a regular basis so I have wanted my children to do this for some time. It was I'm sure an experience they will never forget.

Thanks once again for the info.

Offline busybee

Dolphins
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2007, 18:52:42 PM »
Hoping to go in August when my daughter comes over - it will be a surprise birthday pressie for her.

Offline bee

• Droylsden, Manchester, UK
Dolphins
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2007, 18:29:40 PM »
our friends are in calis this week and went to see hamish mcturk about swimming with the dolphins, apparently someone in the office told them you only get 5 minutes with them( don't ant body bite my head off, just saying) Bee

Offline fletch

Dolphins
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2007, 18:39:47 PM »
Bee,

this is sometimes the case, it is dependant upon the number of bookings for that day.

They will not put the dolphins under stress and stick to a set schedule but even so, we had about 15mins each with them. With all the excitement it may only feel like 5mins but as is at Xmas, the reality is it is always longer.

We must remember that these dolphins are recovering from the trauma of being caught up in fishermen's nets and are only subjected to the most gentle of routines.

Offline gray9

Dolphins
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2007, 18:34:12 PM »
Does anyone have the link for swimming with dolphins near Kas?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf