Author Topic: New Member  (Read 2806 times)

Offline AlanMoule

« on: January 14, 2004, 20:53:11 PM »
Dawn has introduced herself so I had better introduce myself now.  Since she introduced herself she seems to be on the chat forums quite alot, so whilst she goes and gets me another raki from my duty free supply,:D (amazed it's lasted this long :o), I can take the opportunity to say hi!.
Yes we have recently returned from a hectic 11 days in Calis over Christmas, it was great fun.  We can't wait to get back, we just finished the furnishing in time to go home:-\.  We spent 2 nights sleeping there, our first night we crawled in at 4.30in the morning[xx(], thanks to Marly & Paul, but atleast I got some Christmas cake, thanks to Marly & Paul's daughter.
Dawn has asked me to let you know our house number, we are number 89.  Look forward to meeting new neighbours at Easter, we are hoping to go out the Sunday before and be out for the bank holiday weekend, let us know if you are in Calis and we will let you know when the house warming is.
Quick question, Cyprus Turkish Airlines have just released their summer schedule, flights from Stansted to Dalaman start 30/3, does anyone know if it is cheaper to use an agent or to go direct to them.  We have been quoted £290 plus £15 tax for a return.

Offline Tonya

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2004, 20:59:48 PM »
Hi Alan, welcome to the forum, we are in the process of buying on Telmessos too  :)

Sorry, cant answer your question though :(

Offline cenk

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 21:19:36 PM »
Hi Alan
Welcome.Happy to hear from you.
Did you mean that you bought raki from duty free and now drinking it?I am jealous and I want one case , you better take one empty luggage to carry them when you will come back. LOL

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2004, 22:09:15 PM »
Alan,

Welcome to the board. Have you tried Excell Airways from Gatwick? Not sure about this year but they were very good last summer when we went.

Stoop

Offline McGroogle

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2004, 22:48:40 PM »
That's the one Stoop and Alan - excelairways.

I've found it best to book through www.flightline.co.uk - you should get flights a lot cheaper than you have been quoted. They have an excellent and quick search engine just click on flights and follow the rest of the instructions - easy peasy!! :D:D

Good Luck Alan

McGroogle

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2004, 23:09:33 PM »
McGroogle,

I use that site too-- it's the best and easiest by far - even if you can't book on line.

Stoop

Offline Marly

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2004, 18:53:15 PM »

Just to let everyone know that it was 4.30 p.m was,nt it Alan :D
          not 4.30 a.m :D:D

Offline AlanMoule

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2004, 20:00:06 PM »
Dawn had a go at flightline and the prices were cheaper, but mostly from Manchester.  We have ended up reserving flights from Cyprus Turkish Airlines, it seems the best way to do it and we can stay for more than 7 days, they were a little cheaper as Dawn and I are married na dshare the same name and also Robyn is a student, you get discounts for those things apparently.  Thanks for everyones tips.  

I think David James must have been sneeking a look at the Calis chat room as he has decided to leave my beloved West Ham to go to Manchester City:-\, the only reason I can think of for such lunacy is cheaper flights from the local airport to Dalaman!

Cenk, a case of Raki sounds very good to me:D, we will certainly have a few Raki's together in April when we are in Calis.(Is there a smilie for drunk?, or has it been worn out in the past due to over use).

Marly, my mistake, it was 4.30p.m. it must have been the enebriating effect of your afternoon tea that made me think it was the early hours of the morning!

Will post again soon.

Alan.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2004, 20:07:00 PM »
I JUST BOUGHT A HOUSE NEXT TO A CHELSEA FAN  :o
Hi Alan,myself and Ticker are in the process of buying No87, should go through any time now, I guess that makes us neighbours!!!! We are hoping to get out there in March for the tidying up and do whatever needs doing.Im a season ticket holder at Chelsea:D so our conversations will be interesting!!! and Graham is a Burnley fan[?]We both live in Poole with our families exept my youngest son who is at Cardiff uni.We really cant wait to get out there and with a bit of luck make the party in May as well, it would be nice to actually meet someone from this site, anyway good luck and we will meet:D

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2004, 20:21:49 PM »
Andy
The May party should be FUN,,,,, i`m an Arsenal fan.

Dave

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf