Author Topic: Importing cars from UK  (Read 1617 times)

Offline Rosy

Importing cars from UK
« on: July 30, 2010, 09:22:22 AM »
I appreciate that this may have already been covered at great length on forum - if so can I have the link? My neighbours, yet to join forum, want to bring their car out and have been assured that this is feasible.
How can they check that the info they have is right, still relevant and up to date? New rules out in July 2010  may have changed the info they have re importation of cars. They are due out in September and need to clarify this in advance. Thanks

Offline kevin b

Importing cars from UK
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 10:30:05 AM »
6 months in 6 months out of Turkey then 6 months in then out never to return.if you do visa run you will have to leave car in customs compound whilst out the country.

Offline starman™

Importing cars from UK
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 11:05:59 AM »
Answer is simple. DO NOT bring the car as the only way you can import permanently is with a work permit or retirement permit and even then on a retirement permit you have to pound the car in customs each time you leave the country. Also huge security deposit has to be fronted and no one else allowed to drive apart from you and next of kin and you can not sell it on to anyone unless they have a work permit or retirement permit.

Offline scouser2

Importing cars from UK
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 12:51:30 PM »
I can vouch for that Starman. We have to renew the car 'visa' every 2 years, and it costs hundreds of pounds every time it is renewed.Worst thing I ever did was importing my car.

Offline starman™

Importing cars from UK
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 13:40:31 PM »
me too. I ended up handing it over to the Turkish state. The paperwork and the hassle is a nightmare and even though I had a 10 yr old small car, they still wanted me to have 3500 euros locked up for that time.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf