Author Topic: for needlework & quilting enthusiasts  (Read 1665 times)

Offline Sue T

for needlework & quilting enthusiasts
« on: September 24, 2010, 08:43:13 AM »
And for those who want to practise their Turkish, but not essential.

Nimet Duman is a retired needlework/handicraft teacher from Istanbul and she would very much like to form a sewing group.  She anticipates this will run at her home, which is close by the last stop of the Tasyaka dolmus, on Saturdays probably from noon till 4pm.  Nimet can teach, patchworking, ribbon embroidery, bead embroidery, Brazilyan embroidery, three dimensional embroidery, working with tulle net, Chinese embroidery and flowermaking.
Nimet has very little English, but does not anticipate much difficulty in being able to demonstrate her techniques and what a grand chance it could be to practise your Turkish skills.  Cost of attendance will be 100TL per month and a percentage of this will come to FIG funds, Nimet hopes to meet with would be students on Saturday 17th October, so if you are interested in this great opportunity then please leave your name and contact details with me or at our shop so that we can inform you about exact times and venue.
 :):D :)

Offline Julesp

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 19:13:26 PM »
Might take this one up myself Will make an interesting change from all the Knitting i do during the winter months, though this year I will mainly be knitting in pink, my son informed me yesterday that my 1st grand daughter is due end of January 2011 :)

Offline Sue T

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 21:35:02 PM »
What lovely news I can just see a pretty patchwork cot cover coming in nicely
:D

Offline Julesp

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 22:22:36 PM »
Didnt think of that Always wanted to learn quilting and a cot cover sounds just about a big enough project to start, will def be there so tell her to count me in,

Offline Vix

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 15:34:10 PM »
ohh right near my house and something I would be interested in  :)

Offline Sue T

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 12:23:07 PM »
Shall I put your name down then Vix?  I can contact you nearer the time with details.

Offline Vix

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 14:53:11 PM »
Hi Sue. Would def want to do it but I doubt I can prob start until 1st week of November but def keep me informed or let Jules know and she can pass on the details

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf