Author Topic: prices  (Read 7564 times)

Offline philrose

prices
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2011, 06:23:05 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by tony jenkins

quote:
Originally posted by philrose

Why do you think prices will go up by 50%?

Phil, see Alybaba post page 2

Yes but "A Turkish mate says..." can hardly be considered fact :)
Has it actualy been announced by some official body?

Offline kizkucuk

prices
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2011, 07:59:05 AM »
Hillside is Fullboard plus and repeat guests get a discount off their bar bill.   Once you have been there 4 times it's 30%.   Can't afford to go now I live here but have spent many a happy holiday there.

Offline Piscoe

prices
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2011, 12:12:48 PM »
I really don't mind bars and restaurants making a living by applying healthy profit margins to earn a living but like many others I don't like being ripped off. If I come across somewhere that charges premium prices without offering good value for it then I vote with my feet.

I won't go to acertain bar any longer due to this fact. Years ago I used the place a great deal and often there could be ten of us in there together. We quickly realised that the prices were out of step with other places and we felt the measures did not match the premuim prices. We all went elsewhere having explained to the owners why. I have no idea if things are better now but thats just how it works. Sooner or later the lack of business to match their inflated prices will force them to change.

But to put things into context, its not as if they are all running around in Ferrari's is it? Turkey still represents great value for money compared to a lot of other popular holiday destinations.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
prices
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2011, 12:38:26 PM »
We decided to start having our CBF summer meet up nights in one bar on the front and in the first week they pulled a fast one. Normally fairly empty, around 15 of us met up and all seemed to go well. The next day, someone who was there came to see us because they were leaving that night and by chance in the conversation that they had paid our bill when they left. That was news to me as we paid our bill an hour later when we left too!

The owner blamed a misunderstanding yet point blank refused to refund the money. So for 70 TL one off chance to cheat money, they lost a whole summer of CBF meet ups. These are often the same people who complain that they have never known it so quiet. As regulars on CBF know, I'll pay the going rate but once ripped I will NEVER go back. Hope you enjoyed the 70 TL guys...

Offline Piscoe

prices
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2011, 15:04:59 PM »
One of the things to always look our for is when you are at bar for the evening and having several drinks is the rapidly diminishing spirit measures.

Offline BM06

prices
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2011, 12:11:58 PM »
Interesting, perhaps this is why its so quiet here[?]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2013234/Millions-sunshine-holidays-hard-times-exchange-rate-makes-Europe-expensive.html scroll down to see the table :o

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf