Author Topic: Mohammad Reza Mortazavi this Thursday, 29th May in a solo performance  (Read 1379 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Another opportunity to see Mohammad Reza Mortazavi this Thursday, 29th May in a solo performance at Fethiye Culture Centre Time: 20:30

Tickets available from FETAV - access via side entrance of the Kaymakamlık building opposite the culture centre and just across the road from the PTT where the taxis park.

Cost 20TL first 10 front rows or 15TL back rows

Mohammad Reza Mortazavi is from Isfahan, Iran and is a world renowned Tombak and Daf player (Traditional Persian Hand Drums) and was one of the incredible performers who played in the recent Fethiye Uluslararası Kültür ve Sanat Günleri. The sounds he produces are quite simply extraordinary, verging on hypnotic.

It is easy to forget that Mohammad Reza has only two hand rather that six as he produces sounds of orchestral proportions. This quote sums up his extraordinary talent better than I can: "His playing technique allows for simultaneous playing of polyrhythmic beats, sophisticated melodies and polyphonic compositions that entwine with each other creating truly hypnotic worlds of sound."

He has won many awards and is considered the world's best. He has performed with the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra and enchanted many in concert halls around the globe.

Text above plagiarized by me via Jane Akatay.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf