Author Topic: Actioning a Will in Turkey, ensure you are aware!  (Read 12591 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Actioning a Will in Turkey, ensure you are aware!
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 07:04:29 AM »
Stuart

Not really for me to reply to your points, but to say Loz is "acting as an agent" for the bereaved is wildly inaccurate, she is the FRIEND of the bereaved. Some difference in law I think you will find.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 09:30:45 AM »
( 3 hours of UNPAID for help and advice from the lawyer) what help and what advice, all totally inaccurate, and unhelpful.

the 'FRIEND' is from my home town, more of a mother figure than my own.

Angry? yes especially learning now the price quoted is 2000YTL more than my friend has now paid. The garbled shouted advice.....our heads were spinning,  I did not break down in the office, I was being strong for my friend,  I cried in private, and it does take much to shake me, but that is none of yours or anybody elses business.  

Quote:
Me.
"Why when people are making a will do you not attach a notice stating that on the death of ???  certificates etc, need an Apostille"

Shouted Quote:
"This is Turkey, you should know this"

EH??????????????

Get real!

Ask yourself, if you were not happy or feeling comfortable, would you sign a contractual paper?

There are many legal representative on this forum and others alike that have been discussed,debated or advised to steer clear of.

The gentleman who died, helped us in the Uk when renovating our home, sat through hours of family chat problems, listened, so  don't you DARE question my grief over a VERY VERY dear friend.

This was obviously another fact that was not taken on board or listened to.

The one positive that has come of this GRIEF is ensuring others who will eventually need the services to action a Will and Testament know what hoops they have to jump through, and no gaurantee at the end that their wishes will be met.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 10:43:54 AM by loz »

Offline telsoo

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 09:56:13 AM »
Hi Lorraine
We know nothing nothing about this at all but as a couple who you have helped considerably in the past,we wish you all the best with it.

Offline dizzy dora

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 19:50:40 PM »
This problem is really worrying, as a 58 year old putting my affairs in order here in England leaving every thing to my boys where do i start with my place in Turkey, how can I make sure that the apartment is passed to them.
Does anyone recommend a reliable solicitor, can it not be done here in England

Offline cenk

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 20:29:37 PM »
I dont know what happened but i know very well that Lorraine is only a good friend of that couple .

Offline tonysue

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 12:16:07 PM »
So, if my child owns a property and I am named as a parent on the tapu and the unthinkable happens and I am the sole beneficiary of his/her wills both British and Turkish, will their wishes be carried out.[?]
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 12:22:55 PM by tonysue »

Offline hubblebubble

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 12:28:59 PM »
..short answer tonysue
not if they have a sibling or offspring,
and only after a lot of hassle!
maybe we should form a consortium that owns the properties and rent them back at nominal rent, with shares that can be transferred.
Shares are not immoveable and therefore not subject to Turkish inheritance law.

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 13:57:23 PM »
I for one am watching this with great interest & sincerely hoping that all turns out well.

It seems a total traversty of justice that in spite of the deceased making a Turkish will to safeguard the rights of spouse, the person that is left behind is now having to jump through hoops as well as try to come to terms with the death of a loved one.

None of us want our nearest & dearest to go through this hassle at a time when they are extremely vulnerable & it's quite frightening that even though this couple did all they possibly could to avoid any problems the wife is left struggling & grieving at the same time.

Loz - I wish you & your friend a speedy favourable outcome & please keep us all informed.

Hubblebubble - interesting idea OR maybe buy as a company not an individual?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 13:57:53 PM by lindacarl »

Offline heatherhanum

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2008, 15:56:33 PM »
I am very interested in this information regarding wills. But I am still puzzeled. Is there a conclusion yet on what the best course of action if one of the partners die. Also is there anything we can or should be doing now to make the process easier if the dreaded inevitable happens , one of us dies. As some members have already pointed out we dont want hasstle an stress at the death of a partner. Can things be made straight forward now? We had a will made almost 2 years ago by Stuarts wife and we just put it away in a safe place.
Thank you
Heather

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2008, 23:33:42 PM »
I have been reading this subject for weeks now, talking with lawyers, notaries, and also a Turkish lawyer on a Canadian forum.

Difinitive answer? NO

Some return stating  that there is no problem, just the sworn affadavits and Apostile, this appears to be the only consistancy, so far. along with lawyers fees, court fees and notary fees.

The Turkish Economy org website then goes and throws a spanner in the works,  by stating that the UK/ or country of origin the Will stands,  yet reading this and having it explained, the affadavits from the UK, a letter from the UK courts confirming the contents, and apostile certificates will still need to be attained and actioned in the UK prior to the heirs coming to Turkey to action the Will.  
The opening of the court case to release papers to the heir is the same procedure, what the Turkish Economy .org site have ommited is that this will need the services of a Turkish Lawyer, cost incurred by the Lawyer, the Notary and the court costs.  

http://www.turkisheconomy.org.uk/buyingproperty/property_taxes.htm    Parts 7.3 and 7.4

Is there a true answer to this?  I doubt it, yet there are a few points that are consistant when seeking answers.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf