Author Topic: Prescription sunglasses  (Read 1840 times)

Offline foggiestmeldrum

Prescription sunglasses
« on: July 30, 2008, 13:15:21 PM »
Does anyone know of an optician who is not interested in how much we would pay for glasses back in UK.We are after all in Turkey,an optician who is not interested in ripping us off.I went to one in Fethiye last time over all I heard was how much for similar where you come from.It should be local prices same as UK.

Offline scorcher

Prescription sunglasses
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 14:13:26 PM »
Hi - I got fantastic specs last October from Cem Optik, on Attaturk Caddesi (quite central, on a corner on the right hand side as you drive down, but before Carrefour).  I have complicated varifocals.  They also organized the best eye test I have ever had.  So I found the prescription better than I had in UK.  I got a pair of top of the range bendy specs, with reactolite lenses, and a pair of prescription-in Oakley sunglasses for winter skiing - the two pairs for just over £500 including the test.  This may sound expensive, but I would have paid well over £400 for the first pair alone in UK which would have had lower-spec frames; and great service. The female manager speaks excellent English, and we were recommended to go their by Turkish friends.  good luck!  Mrs Scorcher

Offline friar tuck

Prescription sunglasses
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 14:19:05 PM »
Got to agree Cem Optik excellent

Offline scorcher

Prescription sunglasses
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 14:31:55 PM »
Ah yes,they may well have been top of the range etc.but what my wife

failed to mention was that they were not dog proof so he ate them !!

Another trip to the opticians. Dog now has 20/20 vision!

Offline foggiestmeldrum

Prescription sunglasses
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 14:43:20 PM »
Great thanks folks.

Graeme

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
Prescription sunglasses
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 15:37:37 PM »
Calis Optik next to the Dawn Beach Hotel seem to provide a good service.
They use the same optician for the eye test as Cem Optik and a former employee of Cem Optik, Murat Avci,now works for them.
My wife replaced her spectacles at Calis Optik in June and was happy with the choice of frames and price compared with the UK.

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
Prescription sunglasses
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 17:28:38 PM »
I used Cem Optic and had prescription sunglasses included - the sort that attach themselves to the frame using a magnet catch. I am very pleased with them. They cost about 60% of UK prices. It did take me a little while to get used to the slight green tint. Apparently green tints are more fashionable in Turkey.
I will use them again when I need a new pair. I had my eyes tested in UK and I took my prescription over to Turkey. It took about 4 days to get the specs made up.
TB

Offline Firo

Prescription sunglasses
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 18:06:55 PM »
Used Olu Deniz optics last month for varifocal sun glasses. Got genuine Christian Dior frames and lenses for 400ytl approx so great value.
Fi

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
Prescription sunglasses
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 04:45:28 AM »
i  found the best way for me to buy sunglasses is online ...framesdirect... an us company,
 as i get through about two pairs a year thru breakage and loss.. can be expensive..they have every make you can think of and makes such as rayban are 50% cheaper than turkey or uk..they also do prescription to your requirements... i have bought 3 pairs from the now, had them sent here to turkey all arrived within 5 days and no tax required to pay this end....worth a look.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf