Author Topic: National Insurance for Expats  (Read 1831 times)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
National Insurance for Expats
« on: November 21, 2008, 17:29:30 PM »
Hot off the press.  It seems there is National Insurance available for Expats with Residents Permit.  It is very new and I believe it is called SGK.  It wont exclude pre existing conditions nor will it stop when you're a certain age.  

We went to the office to find out more about it.  But the chap there said he knows very little about it and it would be better to come back in a month.

To get it you have to take your residents permit to the police customs office (almost opposite Best Rent-a-car by the marina in Fethiye) to get a number.  Only the husband needs to do this, it seems.  

The SGK office is in the same building as the Vakif bank, -a few hundred yards down the road from Migros (opposite the tea garden).

The chap in there doesn't know much about it.  He says it will be about 204YTL a month and only the husband pays.  He said it might be less if there is an option to opt out of the pension fund.

I am sorry I can't help any more than that at present.   We plan to return in January and hope that more concrete information available by then.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 19:54:33 PM »
quote:
The chap in there doesn't know much about it.  He says it will be about 204YTL a month.............

Funny how they know nothing about a subject, but always know how much to charge ! :D ;):D

Burasi Turkiye !

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 20:44:16 PM »
Well, in truth he wasn't totally sure about that.  He said it might be less and that MIGHT depend on whether we wanted to pay in to the pension.  I am hoping that there might be an English pamphlet available by January.  I know, I know "learn turkish", -well, we are, but for things like this you need a really good understanding, -its far too important a thing to rely on the Turkish we can manage at the mo.

Offline ECHOSTAR

• Uk and Sky Tv no Problem
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 16:50:50 PM »
Hi Lynne

from what i have read, does this not mean that expats that have a business or that those who have become turkish nationals don't know if you have seen this.

http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detaylar.do?load=detay&link=154708
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 16:52:24 PM by ECHOSTAR »

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 18:09:26 PM »
Social security national insurance scheme is coming, speaking with someone today it is "articule 60" and yet to be regulated, meaning that it has to be ironed out, how it can be implemented and at what cost.

To qualify you can have the insurance if you are an ex-pat employee, an ex-pat employer or hold a residency, if you hold a residency then you will need to have from the UK government NHS department a form confirming that you do not have insurance in the UK (and here is the best part!)  the document will need to be Apostilled and witnessed by UK lawyer then in Turkey a lawyer to have the form Notarised and taken to (I think) a department in Mugla.   This has something to do with recipriocity agreement between UK and Turkey

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 19:16:52 PM »
Went to the office today.  Apparently the government decided this should go ahead last year, but it hasn't filtered down to Mugla yet.  The chap supplied our friend Ilknur with a phone number.  So we wait.   She said don't hold your breath, it could take ages to get sorted.....

Offline beldibi

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 20:51:55 PM »
Rindaloo.  Thank you for the update, please continue to update.  We also live in Mugla state.
I will be calling with my lawyer this month, on an unrelated matter.  If I learn anything, I will post here.

Offline busybee

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 21:28:18 PM »
Well done Rindy all sounds a complicated procedure but will be well worth the effort if and when "its actual". We know stuff here takes ages to implement but us ex pats are good at waiting, in supermarket queus(sorry cant that spell that word and spell checker ?), doctors surgeries, bus stops-lol

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 21:49:44 PM »
Yes I will let you know if I find any more out.  Meanwhile if you find out anything, it would be great to hear.  I want to get signed up ASAP.  I was in Ege uni hospital and basically queueing there is optional, like respecting traffic lights when driving.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf