Author Topic: rip off dentist  (Read 6855 times)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
rip off dentist
« on: January 12, 2009, 18:22:47 PM »
i was reccommended this dentist by neighbours in turkey in aug my front crown cracked and at went to the turkish dentist volkan and he charged me £250.i am still trying to get this back from the insurance after trying to get a reply to my emails from volkan in the end i went to his office when i was over in dec and got a letter saying what treatment he had done ,this was after asking me what he wanted me to write
jan my other crown came out (all the crusty bread )so i went back to volkan who said i had a abcess and he needed to do a root canal,and a bridge to make it stronger,i asked the price and was quoted 976ytl.
i told him to leave it as i did not think my insurance company would pay out again .i would go back to england and see my own dentist and claim the costs off the penny in the pound
so went to the english dentist today all fixed back to normal and the cost of my treatment was £16.20
so beware of some turkish dentists[xx(]

Offline ECHOSTAR

• Uk and Sky Tv no Problem
rip off dentist
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 22:05:30 PM »
I am just Thinking if this is the same dentist my wife uses opposite the yakomos if it is i do find this hard to belive as there are a lot of english people on this forum who use him, how come my wife Ilknur went to him last week with a raging toothache spent ¾ of an hour drilling and cutting the nerves to the tooth, and the injections she had and materials and time and did not charge her a penny

I take it puma that your treatment when you were back in the uk was under national health and not private  and did your dentist in the uk carried out the same work he estimated for as Volkan gave only a estimate for the work he would have carried out and not a bill

anyway i shall show him your post and that you were not happy or better still should you have not gone back to him if this was not the case and said you were not happy[?]
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 22:09:10 PM by ECHOSTAR »

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
rip off dentist
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 22:17:51 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by ECHOSTAR

how come my wife Ilknur went to him last week with a raging toothache spent ¾ of an hour drilling and cutting the nerves to the tooth, and the injections she had and materials and time and did not charge her a penny

Because he`d made enough money out of Puma.    8)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
rip off dentist
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 11:20:08 AM »
echostar yes it is the same dentist i was pleased with the treatment i got first time round and he is a
gent.
some of my treatment is private in england that is why i pay penny in the pound.
but back to volkan who said he could carry out this treatment within 2 days,i did not have time to go back,this was wednesday and i was flying on friday.
and i did tell him it was expensive
he said i had a abcess, i did not
he said i needed root canal, i did not
he said i needed a bridge ,i did not
i mentioned all this to my dentist here in england and he was disgusted that he would have carried out this treatment anyway if i did have a abcess,i think the prices he charges the british is not far off the price of private here in england
mutlu our good friend and the lads from the kismet bar thought his price he quoted me was ott

crabbz you are right he must have seen the mug sign on my forehead :(

Offline The Crinklies

rip off dentist
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 12:39:17 PM »
Well we use this dentist and I am currently seeing him for treatment. When the cost of my treatment was discussed he told us that every Turkish dentist should be charging the same prices because the prices are set by the government - he showed us the price booklet.
I am happy with the treatment that I have been having and with the price charged. If I was not, I would speak to him about it.

As a bonus, he is a friendly, caring person and speaks excellent english. Obviously everyone can only speak as they find but I would not hesitate to recommend him.

Mrs C.

Offline caza

rip off dentist
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 20:04:35 PM »
please can you tell me where this dentist is as hubby needs some work soon and we need to choose

Offline Hazel

rip off dentist
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 20:17:55 PM »
Both my husband and myself have had excellent treatment from Volkan and he works from a national price list which he has shown us each time we have paid. We have both had treatment we could not have afforded to have in the UK.

Hazel

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
rip off dentist
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 21:11:42 PM »
I think the main thing Puma is upset about is,  the unnecessary treatment she received.

Offline friar tuck

rip off dentist
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 23:26:09 PM »
I can only agree with posts about Volkan, as Mrs C said he works from Turkish Government price list, I have had bridge work x 2 and crowns x 3 plus 2 extractions took 6 weeks as I am a diabetic he would only continue work when gums were healed, I am a born coward and can honestly say I never felt a thing, a true gent.

Offline The Crinklies

rip off dentist
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 06:50:23 AM »
Caza, Volkan's surgery is above the hairdressers, opposite the Yakamoz restaurant. The entrance is round the back and on the first floor.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf