Author Topic: rip off dentist  (Read 6849 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
rip off dentist
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2009, 08:37:27 AM »
Great value for money Dave, but I can beat that!

In May this year my mate Jim came over and needed a one tooth plate denture making which he had broken back in the UK. When I asked for some advice on which dentist, KKOB recomended he went to Catargay Aras in the Lykia centre building in Fethiye. (I always trust advice from Alan)

Anyway, Jim made an appointment and went along, after the examination, Catargay's advice was that a plate was not the correct solution, it would inevitably come loose and in fact he needed three teeth to complete the job properly, not just one the UK dentist had fitted. His advice was a bridge which would fit perfectly and stay in place indefinately. Because this work would have meant several visits to the surgery and Jim only had a weeks holiday, he opted to go just with the simple plate denture.      

Catargay made a new plate, one with the three teeth required, Jim went for the fitting and the job was perfect, and the cost .................. was zero !!!

This dentist simply said that "this is not the best solution for you and I would not wish to be associated with providing you with something that will become a problem at some point in the future"

I applaud you Catargay and I for one will be paying you a visit when there later this year.

Thanks to KKOB for some more excellent advice.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
rip off dentist
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2009, 12:18:12 PM »
rimms do you have his phone number and address thanxs

Offline UzumluH2o

rip off dentist
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2009, 18:09:54 PM »
His name is Çgatay (pronouced Chaatay) Aras and his phone number is 0252 6148703. Don't ring before 10am as his receptionist doesn't speak English. Its on the main road opposite side to Carrefours, walk down past the guy who trys to rip you on exchange rate rounding down and immediately after his shop turn left and 10yds or 3.3m turn right into side of Lykia building. Çgatay's surgery/office is on 1st floor 1st on left as you arrive. Before you enter put on blue plastic overshoes which are in a bin outside. Very good dentist and I had an extraction done last week for 40TL including injection.

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
rip off dentist
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2009, 19:50:08 PM »
Or Email cagatayaras1905@hotmail.com

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
rip off dentist
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2009, 19:55:53 PM »
Total professional our Cagatay Aras (Huseyin), great English too. I can't recommend him enough.

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
rip off dentist
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2009, 21:48:31 PM »
I had waited some time to post this information so not to compromise this dentist, on reflection, I think Cagatay may have prefered that I had made my post in a better topic than "Rip Off Dentist"

Mods, can I start again ?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
rip off dentist
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2009, 22:08:56 PM »
Well, you could start a new topic entitled "dentist" or something. Are you new here?  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf