Author Topic: anti dote for scorpion bites  (Read 2616 times)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
anti dote for scorpion bites
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 15:38:06 PM »
 :-\  sorry sir, I hang my head in shame.  

I fully recognise the seriousness of the thread - only too well as we live in uzumlu amongst the snakes and scorpions, and I am saddened to hear that someone died recently, that is truely awful.

However a little light hearted banter never harms this forum and in fact makes it so enjoyable for the majority of us.  However apologise if you feel it inappropriate.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 15:45:17 PM »
Nonsense Pooks. Thanks to this topic (and the contributors) the information on antidotes for scorpion bites is now in the public domain and will possibly help people should they be unfortunate enough to get bitten. If people then lighten the mood in the thread, the information on antidotes for scorpion bites doesn't disappear, it is still here.

If you need to find the information in a hurry, typing "scorpion bites" into the search engine will bring it up instantly.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 15:58:44 PM »
Scientific/Naturalists research seems to point to the size of the beasties pincers/claws as a guide as to the the toxicity of the scorpions venom; large pincers = less toxic, small pincers = more toxic.
 Obviously, (before some smart arse picks me up on it,)if you got stung, you may not notice, or have the time, to examine the size of the little varmints 'nasty bits' I'm, just trying to be helpful & informative.  ;):D
Gordy.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 16:29:17 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Nonsense Pooks.  If people then lighten the mood in the thread, the information on antidotes for scorpion bites doesn't disappear, it is still here.

thats alright then, I'll get back to my cream cake  ;):D

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 16:35:48 PM »
is it a "real cream" cake ooooh something I do miss  :)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2010, 20:02:32 PM »
You are quite right Pookie in saying a little bit (I think I have "a litle bit" on the brain tonight!) of light hearted banter does good for the forum it is part of what I love abouit it, and like Scunner saus you can still find the answer you need by searching, I personally would not have a clue about scorpion bites or rather I should say the seriousness of them if I had not read about it on here so I for one have been educated on scorpion bites and what to do about it if I was ever unlucky enough toi be bitten by one!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf