Author Topic: MEDICAL CARE  (Read 6822 times)

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
MEDICAL CARE
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2006, 08:50:10 AM »
Esnaf was efficient when I went there with the stomach bug that really laid me low.

However they do like to take blood & give you transfusions. As my veins collapse & even the best phlebotomists have problems finding them this is something I'm not at all comfortable with. They gave up in disgust at a hospital here & recently the surgery phlebotomist who normally is wonderful had to have me back 3 times before she managed to take my blood.

Esnaf staff try but got me so wound up & really worried as it looked like they were trying to put air in my veins trying to clear the blockage that I ended up calling Carl just before 6am asking him to bring money & get me out of there. They pushed some drugs through so fast also that my arm felt like it was on fire inside. I don't know if that's normal, perhaps someone can answer but it certainly felt wrong & really hurt.

Maybe I'm just a baby - but I'd never felt that bad here.

Linda

Offline SEVIYORUM

MEDICAL CARE
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2006, 21:25:36 PM »
Unfortunately, i got rushed to Esnaf in September with horrendous back pains, i couldn't stand properly and i was in agony. The main doctor couldn't speak English at all and my boyfriend had to translate as i couldn't understand everything the doctor was telling me. They didn't know what the problem was and gave me 2 lots of antibiotics antispazmatic tablets and tablets for sickness. I can see why they threw all these tablets at me, as they tried to cover all possibilities of what the problem might be. They wanted me to stay overnight, but as they didn't know what the problem was, i didn't feel confident enough to stay!

Offline johnr

MEDICAL CARE
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 20:34:38 PM »
Hello Teresa. We have both had to use the Letoon hospital in the last year. My wife had a problem with a torn muscle as it turned out in her shoulder. She was seen straight away and given a scan and treatment immediately which alleviated the problem. Their service was excellent. I have recently had a problem twice with Viral Labrynthitus (Inner ear infection). The ambulance came to our house both times, I was treated immediately on arrival and I had to stay in for 5 days in total. I cannot thank the doctors and staff enough as it seemed to be a difficult problem to treat. The whole experience was really good apart from the illness which was really debilitating. I would reccommend them everytime due of course to the excellent treatment and care recieved. We have Private Medical Insurance and didn't have to pay anything to the cost of treatment. We have always paid for Medical cover here for just these sort of unexpected problems. I think that it has been money well spent. JohnR

Offline quackers

MEDICAL CARE
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2006, 17:14:39 PM »
Hi All. On the subject of Health Insurance can we get it for 2 old un's 60 and 62 or is it pay as you go because we are too old to get any cover? What about regular drugs that we need do we just go to the Pharmacy and buy? Your invaluable help is needed for this one as we are due to move out in 2007

Offline johnr

MEDICAL CARE
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2006, 17:29:07 PM »
Hello Quackers, You could get a quote when you arrive. We could take you to an Insurance broker that we use. It would be a good idea on the drugs to bring a list and some spares just in case. Nearly everything is available over the counter and a lot cheaper than the UK. See you in 07 what month? JohnR

Offline apollo

MEDICAL CARE
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2006, 11:16:39 AM »
Have a look at Allianz worldwide care website.

Offline quackers

MEDICAL CARE
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2006, 15:24:06 PM »
Tesekkur johnr and apollo. We are heading for February but it will probably be March.  Can't wait, missing the sun ,the warmth from the sun and the people. My old bones love the weather in Turkey and the first Mr Quackers chills out as soon as he gets off the plane,thru customs and has his first efes in his hand. Heaven.

Offline serenity

MEDICAL CARE
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2006, 13:03:43 PM »
For general medical care Fethiye Saglik Medical Centre opposite the Fire Station in Fethiye has a special scheme for residents and others living in the area.  The doctor and dentist there both speak good English

Offline marmite

MEDICAL CARE
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2006, 16:26:43 PM »
We have always received excellent treatment at the Esnaf.  Recently my husband was rushed into the Esnaf suffering with pneumonia and pleurisy - the english staff were very good and concerned and we couldn't fault any of the staff.  The only thing if I had to complain, is that the restaurant over the road is quite expensive and every thing is marked up in GBP.  once again I cannot understand this when we live in Turkey and work in YTL!

Unfortunately, my husband had an infection which did not respond to anti-biotics and Dr Bulent decided that the only way forward was for him to go to University Hospital in Antalya.  He organised everything and we were rushed up there in an ambulance.  

Well, if any of you reading this have do go to University Hospital, Antalya, please be forewarned.  Initially, when we arrived we were amazed that they do not speak English and if they do it is very reluctant and very little.  You have to take everything from a cup to towels.  The person with you is literally your gofer.  They had me running round from floor to floor collecting x-rays from doctors, passing messages,  finding the chemist to buy all his medication (they do not have a pharmacy in the hospital)plus things like kidney bowls, serviettes, paper sheets for the bed etc.  The hospital is not as we expected and eventually I managed to get him a private room which I had to pay for before they would allow him to be moved from the general ward (which was cold and had no privacy whatsoever) this meant running up and down stairs to find the department I had to pay the money to.  I had to wheel him down to the x-ray department and even push his bed with the help of a cleaner to the operating theatre (twice!)

On the plus side, the cleaniness is second to none and the medical staff (when we saw them) were as helpful as they could with the language barrier.  There are two english translators there and they are very good.  The food is absolutely awful! :( So take your own.

After his release, we have had to go back to Antalya twice as out-patient.  The final time he had to have an x-ray then the doctor went to lunch so 2.5 hours later, we finally saw someone ready to discharge him.  Then we had to pay the money.  This took 2 hours to do as again I had to run from department to department. Nothing is every easy it seems.

Well I am pleased to have him back home to recover.  Maybe I can get a bit of a rest as well now. :)

Offline Moon

MEDICAL CARE
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2007, 13:20:25 PM »
I went to ESNAF as I needed to talk to a doctor about and bad bladder infection I agreed with the woman at the desk that I would pay 50ytl when I came back out, I went to see the doctor 20 minutes later I  came back to settle the bill they said 100ytl!! I told them that we had agreed 50 and I want to know why it has doubled, they said because of the machine that was used (no machine was used it was straight forward) I told them I was only going to pay 50 they looked at each other on the sly and said fine and took my 50ytl. I asked for the receipt, that was already printed out before I had arrived at her desk to pay, she said ok after a couple of minutea and handed it over rather nervously. When I looked at the receipt it clearly stated the bill was for 50ytl not 100ytl. I couldnt believed they tried to rip me off at a hospital of all places!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf