Author Topic: Physiotherapy and Manual Therapy  (Read 2840 times)

Offline Physiotherapist

• Newly Registered
Physiotherapy and Manual Therapy
« on: January 02, 2013, 20:42:23 PM »
I have just found this forum and I found it very useful to reach  people who suffers from an orthopedic or neurologic problem, so that I am opening a new title.

I am a qualified physiotherapist, graduated from Hacettepe University and currently doing my master on ‘’hand and upper extremity’’ at Pamukkale University.
I live in Fethiye and work in a privat rehabilitation center for disabled children.

I am also trying to keep myself updated by attending to many manuel therapy courses and actually I prefer to apply more manuel therapy and osteopathic techniques to my patients because to be honest hands-on applications are always better then a simple ‘’hot pack-TENS-traditional exercises’’ programme which you can recieve in every hospital.

My aim to write here is keep you all informed about some health problems, how you can protect yourself from a painfull life, how you can hurt yourself with fake physiotherapists or manuel therapists and etc…   :)

Have a pain free day :D

Offline Physiotherapist

• Newly Registered
Re: Physiotherapy and Manual Therapy
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 07:49:05 AM »
Hi everybody;

I want to start my articles with ‘’back pain’’ topic. There is much to say about back pain but I won’t talk about things you already can reach by googling them, I will just touch on some misunderstandings.

First one to talk about is ‘’disk hernia’’. When everybody hears ‘’you have an herniated disk on your back’’ from a health proffessional, it makes them think that their back pain is absulately because of that, but the fact is everybody has a bulged disk on their backs. There are stages of disc hernias and pain depends on these stages.

One thing I often hear about disc hernias ‘’I had an herniated disc on my back and I need somebody to put it back’’. Hernia is not something which somebody put back in a couple sessions. We as a physiotherapist assest the patient first and later do a coupe session to release the pain and as last and the most important give exercises depends on patient( because not everybody can do the same exercises). This is the most important part of the rehabilitation.

Another thing which I want to talk about is ‘’nerve compressions’’. Back pains are mostly mechanical. Because of wrong use of our body sometimes our joints locks our body not to do it wrong more and more and we pereive it by feeling the pain. We feel pain because our nerves are getting stucked somewhere on our back.

So my advice to you, don’t panic when you hear that you have an herniated disc because it may not be the source of pain, consult a physio and get informed about the case and how you can protect your back from pain  :)

Do not hesitate to ask if you have any question marks in your head :)

Have a pain free day :D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Physiotherapy and Manual Therapy
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 12:00:42 PM »
I have deleted episode 3 of the physiotherapy section of CBF. Please stop the self-promotion posts now. Your contributions are beginning to look like a collection of copy and Pastes from the I-Spy book of Physiotherapy.

You can introduce yourself in the Member Introduction section and you can also post on other subjects, maybe help answer some of the questions about Turkey that aren't about your business.

Thanks.

Offline Shamless2

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 19:16:02 PM »
I had to bite my tongue when I saw it, I was going to suggest an introduction at least, but wasnt my place to do so,

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf