Author Topic: Esnaf hospital  (Read 8092 times)

Offline ronzeus

Esnaf hospital
« on: May 27, 2005, 12:22:13 PM »
I have just had a knee operation in esnaf hosp1tal total cost 800 pounds.The doctor and staff were superb :D 8).I was st1ll wa1t1ng for a scan 1n the UK . Thanks to Heidie for tw1st1ng my arm to go have 1t done. she  8)is much more than an estate agent she is very helpful and a b1g asset to çalis  8) 8)

Offline mikeh

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 12:41:35 PM »
Its a briliant hospital my wife had a fall in Calis at Easter and she ended up in hospital for a week recieving the best care, what a diference when we came home and into the clutches of the NHS!

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Esnaf hospital
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 20:20:08 PM »
My husband had an accident and landed in the hospital.
We cannot praise this place enough.  
We were met at the door and taken straight away.  Blood tests, xrays and put upstairs on oxygen before we would even have been seen in the UK.
He was kept in overnight for pain control and as we were leaving at ten they came to see him before eight to give him a fit to fly certificate, pills and souvenier x rays.  There was also a bed available for me if I had wanted to stay.  I had to pack though.
The ladies who dealt with our insurance and interpreted for us were efficient and we cant thank them enough for fastracking him out of the hospital, ordering taxis for us both and just making the whole experience easier for us.
Maybe the hospitals in this country are more modern to look at but the standard of care in Esnaf is far superior.

Offline Tykatem

• Norfolk, UK
Esnaf hospital
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 21:39:58 PM »
Yes that's all very well, but you're all comparing your experiences in Turkey with the NHS instead of like for like say with BUPA or the equivalent. Try getting treatment in a Turkish hospital with no money or insurance and see what you get, then your comparisons of the NHS may differ.

Pete

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Esnaf hospital
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 21:50:03 PM »
Not sure what you want me to compare

1-Treatment in Turkey with no insurance or money
2-Treatment as a tourist with insurance.
3-Treatment with a national health service that I contribute to.
4-Treatment with Bupa paid on top of my National Insurance    contributions.

Offline rowanis

Esnaf hospital
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 14:30:34 PM »
Got stung by a hornet a few days ago - I am allergic - nearest hospital was the Devlet in Ortaca - was seen in A and E and given the right injections to stop me going into shock within minutes.  Total paid for consult and 2 injections - 19ytl prescription 5ytl.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Esnaf hospital
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 15:50:41 PM »
You didn't get stung twice then :D

Offline Emvs2002

Esnaf hospital
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 12:05:14 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Tykatem

Yes that's all very well, but you're all comparing your experiences in Turkey with the NHS instead of like for like say with BUPA or the equivalent. Try getting treatment in a Turkish hospital with no money or insurance and see what you get, then your comparisons of the NHS may differ.

Pete

I was in the esnaf just a few months ago and the treatment was second to none, however i was told that my op i was going to need urgently was going to cost around 500 pounds and i didnt have that sort of money, so my boyfriend got me in the car and we drove to the local hospital in Calis. Well what can i say, i was bleeding internally with an eptopic pregnacy, which burst in my tube, and we had to find our own way to where i had to have an op, when we got there my blood preesure was dropping rapidly and i still had to wait for a doctor for up to 30 mins. No one spoke english and they wouldnt let my boyfriend in while i was checked out. I cant speak any turkish and with the pain i was in i was just sat there crying trying to get them to get my boyfriend in the end they finally understood what i was trying to say and got him. I said i dont care i will borrow money to pay for this op so back in the car and back to the Esnaf where i was seen straight away and prepared for my op.
I was im hospital for 2 days and walking by 3.
Im comparing my treatment with the 2 different types of hospitals you get here. Private and local.

Offline tytots

Esnaf hospital
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 21:48:04 PM »
I went to the Esnaf Hospital for a consultation re a hip replacement & was told I could have it in a few days, excited what!! Went day after & was told they couldn't do it there but I would have to go to Ismir, I was then told the cost £9000-£10000, I was amazed at the price, I can get it done cheaper in the UK also France would cost alot less. I thought it was less expesive to have surgery in Turkey than the UK. I must say I was in the Esnaf a few years ago & would recommend it for their care.

Offline marianne

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 09:51:45 AM »
I didnt have a good experiencee with Esnaf at all - I have a history of gynae problems and they tried to force me into an operation.  I just wanted to get a script for some hormone based medication that can reduce my cyst (they pop up all the time and can disappear just as quickly)  I work with medicines and so have alot of medical knowledge plus my own experience of living with this condition for many years.  They were aggressive at esnaf, forcing me to have an MR scan that cost 250ytl.  When I said I didnt want one, the doctor said he wouldnt treat me any further if I didnt.  Then I was told there was a dangeroud mass on my overy.  And that I needed surgery.  This was 2 years ago - I didnt have the surgery and havnt died, the cyst disappeared after medication got from the Guven clinic.  I think the Esnaf are a bunch of shiesters,  Of course they look after you if your insurance is paying !!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf