Author Topic: Sound like someone you know ??  (Read 3775 times)

Offline hubblebubbles

Sound like someone you know ??
« on: May 06, 2013, 21:18:48 PM »
On Thursday of last week I was enjoying a coffee outside VoJo's while my daughter was taking advantage of their "Ladies Day Treatments". The afternoon was spoiled by the most obnoxious man I have ever listened to. Ashamed to say he was British and was regaling a Turkish man of his great knowledge  of everying imaginable.( mostly rubbish) He was incensed that someone had the audacity to ask him if he would care to buy a raffle ticket in aid of the charity (Zantara) that were working there that day. And I mean Incensed .He ranted on and on and on about how the bloody British are spoiling it for everyone with their endless charities for either children or animals and he could see no reason for any of it . !!!!! I was at the next table and he was put under no pressure whatsoever so his ranting was totally unnecessary except he obviously loved the sound of his own voice . he informed Jo that she was going to lose all of her customers and also later said she had no idea how to run a business as the tables were set up for dinner far too early. If he could find something to complain about he certainly did.Wish I knew his name and hope I meet him again as he gave me a headache .Don't think you would ever see him with English people though as doubt anyone would put up with him. Does this sound like anyone you know ........ Phew ..got that off my ample chest .

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 21:38:58 PM »
That sounds like around 20 people I know!

Offline quackers

Re: Sound like someone you know ??
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 05:16:30 AM »
Hope I dont meet hım on my travels he wıll get an earful from me. How rude.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 05:20:13 AM »
He didn't happen to have a dog with him? The reason I ask is that around 10 days ago, my friend was walking her dog on a lead along the prom, as she was passing Vo-Jos, another dog came hurtling out of there & attacked her dog. The only way my friend could stop this was to kick the other dog, albeit not particularly hard. The other dog's owner appeared & my friend was subjected to what can only be described as a vile torrent of abuse that could be heard as far away as the Nil.

Fortunately, neither my friend nor her dog were physically hurt, but even a couple of hours afterwards, when she was relating the story, my friend was shaking & her dog is now very "skittish" when on her lead if any other dogs are around.

Just wondering if this idiot is a Vo-Jos regular, if so I can't see that he will enhance their long term trade.

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 06:58:37 AM »

I think I could narrow it down to one of two people.

Offline calvin 1949

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 07:10:03 AM »
No one like that in Uzumlu!!!!!!  :)  ;)  ;)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 07:24:37 AM »
On Thursday of last week I was enjoying a coffee outside VoJo's while my daughter was taking advantage of their "Ladies Day Treatments". The afternoon was spoiled by the most obnoxious man I have ever listened to.

Nah, Gordon wasn't in Calis that day ;-) and never would be rude of a charity especially one for children/animals (does that fall under one category?).
Did the man have a black and white dog (or 2).

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 08:07:57 AM »

That would be one of my guesses too Loz.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 10:05:49 AM »
As I've always said - one of the scourges of Calis is the number of people who contribute nothing and spend their days criticising the good that others do.

They are experts on everything, yet their opinions are actually worth nothing.

Keep up the good work Mavis, you are worth 1000 of these wasters.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 12:11:41 PM »

I think I could narrow it down to one of two people.

It wasn't me Baz so it must be the other bloke

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf