Author Topic: Revolution Now?  (Read 2289 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Revolution Now?
« on: September 10, 2016, 19:45:23 PM »
Leading Brexiteer and Secretary of State for International Trade, Liam Fox, has described British business leaders as "fat and lazy" and preferring to be on the golf course than out there growing the exports the UK needs in the post-Brexit economic crisis. Is this the moment for revolution? Should we nationalize British business now and put L. Fox in charge of it as Industry Commissar on a North Korean model. Not quite how K. Marx foresaw the revolution happening ... but, who knows in modern British politics?

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Revolution Now?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 00:31:39 AM »

Perhaps Liam Fox should be invited to take to the rostrum at the next CBI Conference to read out his CV and to list

all of his accomplishments in industry.  Should take all of 30 seconds, jumped up little git. He couldn't run a bath.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 09:23:02 AM »
This is from a man who had to resign from the cabinet a few years, should never have been left back into parliament and certainly nowhere near a top job. He took his friend to meeting on defence contracts without any security clearance. His friends was exploiting his position and he allowed it to happen and supported it. It really shows how politics sucks.

I would like him to come and work with me for a month. I do not get 14 weeks holiday a year, driven around in a government car and stay in 5 star luxury. I probably do more hours in 2 days than he does in a month.

Last week we had the 3 stooges ( Davis, Johnson and Fox) giving their take on Brexit.

Control of immigration by a points system is gone. Johnson inviting more Poles to come to the UK.

£350m a week is gone, May stated in China she cannot guarantee any more money for the NHS.

Johnson and Davis we will have free access to the single market. No you won't most EU leaders.

Passporting rights will be secured. No they will not say EU leaders.

Davis if we cannot have control of immigration we will leave the single market. May that is his personal view. Japan says lose single market and no more investment in the UK and companies based in the UK will probably move. So goodbye, Sunderland, Derby and Swindon.

Fox said Australia is beating at the door to sign a free trade agreement. Australia says no it will be years before it happens.

What the idiot should realise that the UK is the third most successful country in exports per capita. The man is a buffoon.

So by the time we get to leave Fox should be the man in charge of industry as there be nothing to be in charge of.

Golf is probably a good comparison to make. The 3 stooges believe they can leave the golf club, not pay a fee but continue to play expecting those who pay membership fees to allow it.

See Colwyn what you done, wound me so that I would get on my soapbox.

So to wind down I am now off to play a round of golf. Maybe not, it is not Friday.

Offline davybill

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 09:54:27 AM »
Im all for the golf course

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 11:22:45 AM »
Im all for the golf course
Well it certainly putts the notion of an export drive into different perspective. I think Liam needs to hide in his little foxhole.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 14:27:30 PM »

Fox can tee off, and take Davis with him.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 16:09:23 PM »
Fox won't worry. I'm sure his mate that he smuggled into (lack of) security meetings will have bunged him a good wedge.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 18:53:52 PM »

I hope you are not suggesting that our right honorable politicians are   well, er, erm, dishonorable Colwyn.??  Surely not.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 07:09:55 AM »
Oh the irony!

A leading campaigner for Leave because Britain can go it alone he has now denounced British business owners as fat and lazy which presumably will be his selling point when negotiating trade deals with other countries.

You really could not make this up!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf