Author Topic: taking a year out from England  (Read 11531 times)

Offline canim

taking a year out from England
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2005, 12:14:21 PM »
Cutz was that normal day to day living or where there nights out on that? i dont drink...well not much the odd brandy...

and thanks for the well wishes Lorraine

Tribalelder you say £400 comfortable is that for two people? or one?

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2005, 13:02:58 PM »
Two adults and a baby, and we live very comfortably on £100 a week, we use the markets for food and eat out at least twice a week, we dont drink much alcohol and we dont use the tourist restaurants.
If living here then the average amount will increase as you need to bring in routine maintenence costs, wear and tear etc but that wont concern you yet.
Good luck with your plans.

Offline canim

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2005, 13:14:59 PM »
Thanks Smudge for your reply... was panicing a bit...but now i feel a lot more at ease...thanks to everyone who has replied...Christina

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2005, 13:23:12 PM »
Canim.....thats two....covers the lot all bills, food, eating out as I said and there is always a plentiful supply of falling down water in the fridge! We don't run a car as we find the Turkish transport system very good and it perhaps would not cover say new white goods or a hifi etc. :)

Offline canim

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2005, 13:37:51 PM »
How much would a basic tv and hi fi cost approx?

Offline Dippey

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2005, 16:17:05 PM »
Canim

if you use the search facilty you will find this topic covered in many areas - heres one
{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}2981&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=bekir

Depending on how things pan out for you will also depend on your needs from portable telly (1yr stay) to plasma screen (eventual perm stay), that bits up to you.

As most people will tell you try, migros, erin spot and any of the other that you find in the search options, approx £100-£150 each for average, if you get a satelitte receiver/dvd player then you do not need a hi-fi as it will play cd/dvd's.

best wishes
Dippz
(motto for the day - you do not need to tell everyone when you find a penny on the floor)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 18:27:27 PM by Dippey »

Offline SEVIYORUM

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2005, 17:55:35 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by canim

43 oh that sticks in my airways to say that:D

43s not old!
Wishing you the best of luck, not that you will need it though! Living as a local is so much better than living as a tourist! You learn so much more! and its cheaper! lol
Take care! :D:D
Rach xx  :)

Offline canim

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2005, 18:26:58 PM »
thanks Rach...just have to learn how to cook Turkish now...lol Love everything about Turkey even the electric going off..lol oh but dont like olives :Dbut im sure i can avoid them :D

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2005, 19:37:33 PM »
Good luck Canim.  After the day I've had I wish I was joining you.  It's cold and damp, my jobs been c**p and I'm fed up!!  However, don't you worry about a thing!  just go and have a good time, don't worry about the money, if you drink spirits take them with you.  You can get some wine's quite cheaply (as we found out last month from our little corner shop - 2.5 TL per bottle and it wasn't bad).
Take care and have a great time!
Elsa

Offline Cutz

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2005, 10:23:18 AM »
Canim that was going out every evening as well not eatin out every evening though but drinkin yes.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf