Author Topic: taking a year out from England  (Read 11738 times)

Offline doll

taking a year out from England
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2005, 07:33:09 AM »
good luck canim
leave yer kids behind...
dont worry you will be fine just keep enough money for return ticket
budget for passport visas too
you can live on less than £400

Offline canim

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2005, 15:53:07 PM »
Thanks for all your replies....cant wait now...time is going so slow... ps one more question please ...how easy will it be for me to get my visa renewed at the end of march? thanks in anticipation ...Christina x

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2005, 18:09:46 PM »
Very easy, simplest way is to see Asli the translator and she will do all the paperwork etc for you and not expensive, can point you in the right direction when the time comes, or if you fancy a day out you can take a boat ride to one of the Greek islands but might be a bit wet and windy in march.

Offline canim

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2005, 22:26:09 PM »
cheers smudge thats good to know...knew you could catch a boat but didnt know if they sailed in march...been bad weather and all...could you point me in the right direction to Asli before i go please so i have things straight in my mind before i go...thanks

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2005, 23:28:38 PM »
Asli has a translation office in the road behind the PTT in Fethiye, which is next door to the army recruitment centre which is up the road from Gima, any estate agent will point you in the right direction, we have the phone no somewhere. If i was you i would go straight there and start the paperwork for a year visa, take loads of passport photos, bank book to prove you can support yourself for a year (only need a couple of grand ) and rent book or Tapu and she will do the rest and will work out cheaper than boat trips.
Not many tourist trips out of season but if you want to go that way you will have to find a friendly skipper.

Offline canim

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2005, 15:42:41 PM »
Thanks thats very handy to know...i must be green didnt realise you could get a yearly one...Will make that my first call of port when i arrive...Have you any idea how much it will cost? As for money i was going to take it all out with me and deposit it in a turkish bank account...is this the best thing to do or just withdraw it from my english account when i need it?

If theres anything else you feel might help me please feel free to write it down for me....as all the help i get is very much appriciated ....Thanks Christina

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2005, 16:38:59 PM »
Definately open a Turkish Lira Bank Account.....paying about 17% interst at the moment.Check out the cost of a residency visa for one year it may well work out cheaper to renew your normal 3 month visa by going to rhodes or Mace on a day trip or even uk if you can get cheap enough flights. Website for Asli is www.fethiyetranslation.com :)

Offline canim

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2005, 18:21:01 PM »
Thanks .... have emailed Asli to try and find out how much it costs for a yearly visa.. can you recomend a bank or are they very much the all same... so many questions i have...but better to be prepared i say  :)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2005, 19:42:49 PM »
See the search facility for lots of info on Banking.  We use Finans and have been completely satisfied they are extremely helpful Garanti is also very popular. Website is www.finansbank.com.tr   :)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 19:43:36 PM by tribalelder »

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2005, 20:22:57 PM »

Canim, most people seem to bank with Finans or Garanti. We are with Finansbank and have to say we have had great service from them. Ayse who deals with us foreigners is wonderful, everyone is full of praise for her, nothing is too much trouble for her.

Val

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf