Author Topic: Model Plane flying  (Read 2459 times)

Offline George Warner

Model Plane flying
« on: January 31, 2011, 15:15:22 PM »
Been told today by the owner of the picture framing shop on the back road out of Fethiye,by the HSBC bank,that about two years ago a group of around ten guys were buying model aircraft from him.
If any of you are still around,or,if anyone knows who these folk are can they please make contact.

Offline mwworth

Model Plane flying
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 15:12:22 PM »
Noticed over the last few days model aircraft are flying over Ovacik, look like they are flying from the microlight airstrip

Offline George Warner

Model Plane flying
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 12:48:59 PM »
Thanks for the info,very kind of you to reply,
I saw the planes on Sunday just before we,Fethiye Hash House Harriers,started our walk,
Managed to get to the airfield just before the heavy rain started,turns out it was a training event for would be Aeromodelers and flyers organised by the Turkish Aero Society,THK,and had been there all week.The last day will be Wednesday,
Met a lot of very enthusiastic,experienced and new flyers,all of whom were Turkish,mainly from Ovacik and Fethiye,and have made some useful contacts, they hope to form a club based at the Microlight centre,where they intend to fly most Sundays,Once again I was told of English guys who used to fly there,Where are you?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf