Author Topic: Ladies Clothes for sale, all labelled from UK  (Read 13511 times)

Offline Julesp

Ladies Clothes for sale, all labelled from UK
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2011, 22:27:48 PM »
Anne we were careful not to put our name to the Fashion show at the time and didnt allow them to advertise that they were doing it on behalf of Fig, Just said Ok if they wanted to do a raffle for us

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2011, 22:34:51 PM »
I really do think Sally Ann has been duped (assuming she is real!) and took this all in good faith and posted the same. Also I have no reason to want to highlight anything negative regarding FIG, quite the opposite in fact - I admire the work they do greatly. It's just a note suggesting caution. If I suggested a cocaine wrap sale would be a great opportunity for 3C's to come along and make a few quid on the back of it from a raffle, would they support my event?

There's no difference.

[edit] I wrote "I really don't think Sally Ann has been duped" and meant "I really do think Sally Ann has been duped" - changed now, apologies...  :-\

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2011, 22:44:23 PM »
I think this couple are slightly more devious than that Keith but I take your point. If nothing else this post shows what a minefield running an organised charity is let alone someone who is trying to help a few strays and are un registered.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 22:47:44 PM by mercury »

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2011, 07:36:02 AM »
I have been watching the FB post about the sale & also some of the things Sallyann has allegedly done/is doing for stray animals in the area. I am still in 2 minds as I know what a devious b'stard this guy is (from 1st hand experience) & it may well be she was duped into being a mouthpiece for his scam thinking she was doing good for local animals or it may well be she is part of it, I'm not sure we will ever know.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2011, 09:19:10 AM »
Well I like to look for the good in people and I am pretty convinced Sally Ann has only the animals at heart - as did other charities who promoted this man's "fashion shows". Devious as he is, he is not exactly a master conman with a thousand tricks - just smuggling in stuff (greeting cards, clothes, English goods) - he wouldn't be the sharpest tool in the box if he shared it with a lump hammer.

Forewarned is forearmed and promotion of his latest batch of undeclared goods will not be happening on here again. If everyone has had their say I will lock this.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2011, 11:16:10 AM »
Please do  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf