Author Topic: Oludeniz school  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Pi55y

Oludeniz school
« on: February 26, 2011, 16:43:47 PM »
The 3C's are pleased to advise that yet another one of their projects from the 2010 fundraising year is reaching completion.

Late last year the charity received a written application for assistance from Oludeniz School in Hisaronu.

Members of the committee visted the school last month and met with the headmaster, various teachers and members of the Parent Teachers Association.  The school has a very proactive PTA which is working very hard to try and raise money to purchase much-needed equipment for the school but it is an uphill battle for them as they need so much.

Although the school is located in a nice new building they have very little in the way of equipment. During our guided tour of the school we visited  the music room and met their very enthusiastic music teacher, but discovered that they did not possess any musical instruments for the children to play.  As these were amongst the items on their "wish list" we decided that we would allocate 1400 TL to purchase all of  the requested instruments plus a few extra smaller items. In addition we are providing 400TL of new books for the school library.  Following a further meeting with them last week all of these items have now been ordered by the school and should be delivered soon.

We have been promised that the children will give us a little recital once they have mastered their new instruments!

Again none of these items could be purchased without your help and support and we thank you all for this :D.

Offline brianthegardener

Oludeniz school
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 17:05:36 PM »
well done to the 3 Cs ...im sure the scool music section will be well pleased with the instruments and the extra school books for the library will be superb .... well done everybody and again a big THANK YOU to all the hard workers at 3Cs and to all who have sipported the 3Cs events over the years.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Oludeniz school
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 17:28:47 PM »
Yet more superb work.:D Well done to all.

Offline minimoo

Oludeniz school
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 18:21:55 PM »
That's great news for the local school. Thanks so much to all involved.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 18:22:26 PM by minimoo »

Offline hillside

Oludeniz school
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 19:11:27 PM »
Wonderful work yet again! Oh I so wish I could be there throughout the year so I could make some contribution - what can I do whilst I'm there in the summer for a couple of weeks at a time. I'd like to feel I could do something to help

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Oludeniz school
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 06:20:26 AM »
Val we are always happy to recieve donations towards the many raffles, car boot sales and bottle rolls we do at various events over the year, even a small item towards our raffles is helpful.
If anyone has any items that need picking up contact me via my profile or pi55y.
If you or anyone else would like to make a cash donation this can be done via paypal from our website.
http://www.caliscarnival.com/

Mark

Offline Pi55y

Oludeniz school
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 09:13:17 AM »
We would also welcome "Promises" for our annual charity auction which this year takes place on Wednesday 1 June, a few days after the Carnival parade  :).

Offline crystalgirl

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 18:49:17 PM »
Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxx

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Oludeniz school
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 21:56:58 PM »
I take it you are happy then lol. It was a real pleasure.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf