Author Topic: Enough is Sufficient.  (Read 1438 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Enough is Sufficient.
« on: February 27, 2013, 18:41:55 PM »
Now I like to eat. I also like to cook. I am interested in food. You won't catch me in any bloody McDonalds plastic purgatory - never been in one, never will be. But ...

... on BBC2 tonight at 7.30 is the Great British Menu, followed at 8.00 by The Hairy Bikers: Everyday Gourmets, followed at 9.00 by an entire hour of Masterchef: The Professionals Uncovered which is just a posh title for a damned highlights programme of previous Masterchef programmes. To escape from this avalanche calorific excess you can switch to ITV where there is, oh no!, the first of a new series, Carol Vorderman's Food Glorious Food which is - guess what - a cooking competition in which "only [pause] one person [long pause with sombre overtones] will go forward to [excruciatingly long pause with intimations of destiny] the semi-final !!!!!!!! Oh, for goodness sake - ENOUGH.

It is like the copycat restaurants on the prom in Calis - if one "Mexican" restaurant does weell there will be 17 next year. Estimates say that 23% of the UK population of this country is televisually obese simply from watching too many TV food programmes. If consumer research is correct saying that there is a negative correlation between volume of cooking programmes and incidence of home cooking - i.e. the more programmes the less home cooking - it is little wonder that much of the British diet is composed of processed, reconstituted, animal and vegetable waste to be warmed up in a microwave (if you can be bothered to go through all that cooking fuss, otherwise eat it cold).

Still I suppose I can always go to "catch up TV" and watch Flog It, Money in the Attic, Antiques Roadshow, Antiques R Us, Steal Your Grandparents Goodies, Auction It !!!, A Fortune in the Garage, Celebrity Flog It, Celebrity Money in the Attic, Celeb Antiques R Us ...............

AAARGHH !!!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 18:55:46 PM by Colwyn »

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Enough is Sufficient.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 18:45:50 PM »
yes Colywn and the present Mrs H watches all of them.

The contrast is the quite wonderful Dancing on the Edge which was exquisite.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 18:58:01 PM »
I though Dancing on the Edge was quite good. "Wonderful" I currently reserve for Africa.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 20:03:17 PM »
Well Gents I'm looking forward to the return of Big Bruvver Chimp, Chimp Factor, Dancing with Chimps, Britain's got chimps, Chimps Apprentice, Chimps Den and every week I can't wait for Emmerchimp, Chimpnation Street and of course EastChimpers. And if you've not got the point, I've seen more talent in the old PG Tips adverts  .............. coooooooooeeeeeee Mr Shifter!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 13:42:11 PM »
Well Gents I'm looking forward to the return of Big Bruvver Chimp, Chimp Factor, Dancing with Chimps, Britain's got chimps, Chimps Apprentice, Chimps Den and every week I can't wait for Emmerchimp, Chimpnation Street and of course EastChimpers. And if you've not got the point, I've seen more talent in the old PG Tips adverts  .............. coooooooooeeeeeee Mr Shifter!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Do you know the Piano is on my foot?

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 14:38:50 PM »

Do you know the Piano is on my foot?

You hum it and I'll play it.  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf