Author Topic: A Warning if you are an RBS customer.  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
A Warning if you are an RBS customer.
« on: May 03, 2013, 22:28:19 PM »
Whenever I go into my RSB Branch I always note there are only ever 2 to 3 tellers at the desks.

I  used to walk past and go to the business counters. A while ago, a new rule came into force that the business desks would be closed at lunchtimes. I thought this strange as I am sure a lot of business used the counters then.

I went into my branch yesterday and walked down to the business counter and was quickly told the business counters where now permanently closed. I was amazed.

This new rule means that people waiting to see a teller will now have to queue with business people paying in money. I have seen these transactions, bags of money have to be counted and coins weighed and each bag has to be noted by the teller. This takes a long time. So, with a maximum of three tellers serving everyone I can foresee huge queues at my branch of RSB.

No wonder RBS are now going into profit they are just cutting services to suit themselves and not consulting their customers. What a shower.

Be warned if you are with RBS this new move will probably be nationwide. >:( :o
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 23:36:11 PM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: A Warning if you are an RSB customer.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 22:50:08 PM »
Jacqui - may I ask - could a non business customer use the business counter.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 22:51:43 PM »
The business counters are closed now John :D

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 22:53:07 PM »
I meant previously.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: A Warning if you are an RBS customer.
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 23:06:39 PM »
Yes, but, it would not be that good as if someone was paying it, you could have a long wait.  I only paid in cheques and sometimes would hop over from the business counter if there where people paying at the two counters.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 23:35:49 PM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline amca

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 23:08:44 PM »

R B S

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 23:26:21 PM »
So previously, there could be 15 non business people patiently waiting at lunch time because that's the only time they can fit in their visit to the bank, and someone else can walk in and go and be served at a special counter.

Perhaps RBS have consulted the 15 people in the non-business queue and asked their view.

By that logic supermarkets should have special check-outs for people with huge trolleys.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 23:35:06 PM »
That was the reason they had the business counter( and they ony had two tellers, and usually only one counter was being used, ) because of people with huge bags of money that all had to be counted.  I have been in a queue behind people paying in and it takes ages, so it's always better to have the business counter to service these people so they don't hold up the normal queues.  Also the business counter was the one that would change or pay out English Notes.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 23:40:01 PM »
I don't bank with RBS but had reason to call in to ask about something. They have an enquiries desk as you walk in, and the tellers are further towards the back from that. There was a seat behind the enquiries but no human. I stood waiting for 5 minutes (incredible for me) and two members of staff walked right past me without a word, and I was in full view of another member of staff who was in a side office. He looked at me several times but never once thought "perhaps I could go and see what that guy needs".

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 02:36:23 AM »
Jacqui it seems to me that you, as a business owner, think you have the right to queue jump other bone fide RSB customers who do not have their own businesses. This reinforces many earlier impressions that I have had that you are the biggest SNOB on CB  :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf