Author Topic: Kurds  (Read 2317 times)

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Kurds
« on: October 09, 2014, 12:41:04 PM »
What's the genral view, will after the Isil problem has been resolved will the states of Turkey Iraq and Syria have to or will give land to form new Kurdish state as the PPK seem to have quietened down, and the new ? President having had meetings with the PPK leader who was and still maybe a prisoner.

Offline johntaylor49

Re: Kurds
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 17:16:28 PM »
No, far too strategic, dont forget there are Kurdish areas of Iran as well!

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 17:59:58 PM »
What's the genral view, will after the Isil problem has been resolved
It may be that you haven't had any replies to this post because you make it sound like solving the ISIL "problem" is short-term, simple, and that the outcome is known. Instead it may be long-term, complex and leave the political geography in a very different condition to any that we can imagine now. I'm content to leave it until there is some sign of a resolution before concerning myself with the aftermath - unlike Erdogan {if he really is playing "the long game"}.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 01:05:35 AM »
For what it may be worth, I am in 100% agreement with Colwyn, for exactly the same reasons, too many expectations, far too soon , the destruction of Isis, Isl , whatever they call themselves, is not a " quick fix ", the civilised world has one hell of a fight on it's hands, in order to beat this blight upon the world.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 01:16:57 AM »

as the PPK seem to have quietened down, and the new ? President having had meetings with the PPK leader who was and still maybe a prisoner.

For what it's worth, Charles, it's PKK  ;)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 01:25:38 AM »
I was going to say that Keith, but was worried about called a Pedant !!!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2014, 01:57:47 AM »
Like you walk far

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2014, 07:31:29 AM »
Colwyn is correct that the issue is more complex, and none more so than the Kurds themselves.  We should not assume that all Kurds are simply aligned to the (left wing and secular) PKK. Aside from national differences and their respective Kurdish representative organisations across all of the established nations Syria, Iran, Iraq and, of course, Turkey, there are many political differences, and of course many religious differences with a number of Kurds supporting militant Sunni Islam. We are already starting to see some of these differences come to the fore, and they could manifest amongst the Kurds themselves, as violently as some of the violence we are already seeing.

Needless to say, no doubt Reg and the Turkish military intelligence will , and probably already are, taking advantage of these differences between Kurdish groups.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf