Author Topic: Syria Bombing Vote Tomorrow  (Read 7304 times)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Syria Bombing Vote Tomorrow
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2015, 22:43:41 PM »

I think his dad would have been proud of his conviction. It was awesome.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2015, 23:00:10 PM »
Hilary Benn is his own man and he is shaping up to be the next leader of the Labour Party. 

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2015, 23:02:32 PM »

In starting his speech Cameron has insisted he did not mean that those voting "Against" today were doing anything else other than voting with "honour" but he declined to retract the original statement.

A bit like Ken Livingstone then, who refused to apologise for this:

"They took Londoners lives in protest against our invasion of Iraq.”

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Syria Bombing Vote Tomorrow
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2015, 23:05:19 PM »
Anyway - a big day for Corbyn tomorrow across the Pennines. Lose that seat to UKIP and he's history I think.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2015, 07:22:38 AM »
Nice try Stoop! Still can't blame you for believing the frenzied media hype, you're not the only one   :)

Labour has not only won the Oldham West and Royton by-election – but increased its share of the vote since the general election in May.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/labour-hold-oldham-west-royton-10547188

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2015, 08:51:53 AM »
I was actually thinking I could go back to voing Labour if Benn was the leader (I have not voted Labour since Blair).  However, I really do not like the way that Labour M.P's have been threatened, even death threats for not voting No.  Seems like a lot of very undesireable people who support the Labour Party now.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2015, 09:17:53 AM »
So the UK's first air strike was to bomb the Omar oil fields... rather unfortunate that they were already obliterated more than a month ago by the US led coalition then really...

http://www.business-standard.com/article/international/coalition-strikes-destroy-is-oil-field-in-syria-spokesman-115102300031_1.html

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2015, 10:03:35 AM »
Nice try Stoop! Still can't blame you for believing the frenzied media hype, you're not the only one     :)

Labour has not only won the Oldham West and Royton by-election – but increased its share of the vote since the general election in May.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/labour-hold-oldham-west-royton-10547188
Yes, up from 55% of the vote to 62% in a few months. Tories down from 18% to 9%. I hope the unreconstructed Blairites in the Labour Party will now calm down.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2015, 14:59:13 PM »
Colwyn
Do you support the Labour Party members that are putting photo's of human severed heads and body parts through the mail boxes
of homes and offices of Labour MPs that voted for air strikes, and threatened their staff with violence.??
Do you support Ken Livingstone condoning these actions, inferring that the MPs deserved these actions.??
Do you condone the thousands of Corbyn supporters that are infiltrating the constituence's of Labour MPs that don't agree with
Corbyn in order to oust them and get their own people in.?? Did you miss the air strike debates and votes. They were quite good
but Hilary Benn's was brilliant.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2015, 15:17:21 PM »
Wow, lots of questions!
Colwyn
Do you support the Labour Party members that are putting photo's of human severed heads and body parts through the mail boxes
of homes and offices of Labour MPs that voted for air strikes, and threatened their staff with violence.??
No that is disgusting.
Do you support Ken Livingstone condoning these actions, inferring that the MPs deserved these actions.??
I hadn't read this so I had to look it up. What I read was that Livingstone had warned the 66 rebels that they might be deselected. I can't see anything wrong with Constituency Labour Parties being able to choose which candidate they wish to put forward to stand for them at an election. I think this is democracy - not something on which New Labour was very keen.
Do you condone the thousands of Corbyn supporters that are infiltrating the constituence's of Labour MPs that don't agree with Corbyn in order to oust them and get their own people in.??
Sounds like a vague allegation to me. Any reliable evidence for this?
Did you miss the air strike debates and votes. They were quite good but Hilary Benn's was brilliant.
Saw quite  a few hours of this at the start but was not watching TV at the end of the debate. There seems to be universal applause for the oratory. I heard that McDonnell thought it was as good as the Blair speech that got us into the Iraq war.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf