Author Topic: Quitting smoking  (Read 6817 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Quitting smoking
« on: January 09, 2016, 10:24:53 AM »
If anyone is thinking of or like me trying to quit smoking Vype have a 25% off offer on on their website if you subscribe to them before hand...
I have just bought their starter kit normally £14.99 at the mo  £11.29  & free delivery...
I am very pleased with mine its one of the best or maybe the best ecigs i have tried so far in my never ending quest to quit!   :)

Offline davybill

Re: Quitting smoking
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 11:08:35 AM »
Keep trying you will get there in the end, I did 40years ago,
and I tried a few times to give up,

Offline patrice

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 11:30:10 AM »
You can do it I gave up 3 years ago  and wished I had given it up years ago. Good luck Karennina

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 11:54:27 AM »
I was on 60 a day and gave them up 32 years ago. No, vapes, patches or chewing gum.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 12:08:16 PM »
Thanks everyone for your good wishes...i have had loads of attempts over the years at quitting, i am very ashamed to admit ( even to myself) that it is now 40 years ago this year that I first started to smoke...
I am not a heavy smoker, bizarrely i cant stand the smell of it in the day but get a glass of wine or beer in my hand and I chain smoke!
Really well done to all the folk who have successfully managed to quit   :)

Offline Lotty

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 12:09:28 PM »
I gave up years ago with no alternatives, but by carrying an opened pack around with me for a year. The choice was only mine, my personal challenge and I was so proud of each clean day one at a time, I just couldn't waste that effort and give in.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 12:20:09 PM »
  Snap KKOB. I was on 60 a day.  32 years ago I started my own business and stopped smoking on the same day, my birthday.

I kept on thinking about the effect on my family, the cost, my health, and the amount of extra Tax I was handing to the Government.

So I picked a date, my birthday, and went for it.  And it worked.      :)   You have to tell yourself to do it I think, it's in the mind. Good Luck.

Offline davybill

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2016, 14:08:24 PM »
Yes when you pack it up you wonder why you didn't
a long time ago,

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2016, 15:06:47 PM »
I was on 60-70 a day. I went to fagends and tried the tablets and gave up in Oct 2014. Had a relaps in june 2015 and went back to fagends. I was on the nicotine patches and they worked, to the extent that I would forget to wear them!!!
I feel fantastic and proud of myself as I had smoked for over 40 years. The other thing is I don't know how I managed to find the money to fund this habit.
Good luck Karennina....you CAN do it.  ;)

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2016, 17:52:10 PM »
Good luck to you.  Champix was the way for me - nothing short of  miracle.  18 months and  can truly say it's the best thing I have ever achieved.  I can't bear the smell of them now.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf