Author Topic: Well Travelled CBF Members  (Read 2882 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Well Travelled CBF Members
« on: January 17, 2016, 19:18:20 PM »
Yes you are     ;)

I fancied another pointless questionnaire

TRAVEL

1) The location of the earliest family holiday you actually remember
2) The first country you visited that was outside the British Isles
3) The first destination you booked yourself, or with friends/family (i.e. not booked by parents etc)
4) The first destination you booked yourself and had to return to again
5) The holiday destination you booked and would never, ever go back to  8)
6) The number 1 destination you have never been to but would choose if you could choose anywhere (and someone else pays :D )

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Well Travelled CBF Members
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 19:35:29 PM »
It can only get more interesting after my response

1) Ayr (if you mean Brenda and the kids; The Lake District (if you mean my parents)
2) Tenerife
3) See 2) above
4) Turkey
5) Not had one yet
6) Australia (to see Opera House).

Offline steveb1

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 19:55:59 PM »
1 Devon
2 Rhodes
3 Corfu
4 Thailand
5 Tunisia
6 big game safari in Africa   

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 20:01:33 PM »
 1)  Grimsby / Cleethorpe's.
  2)  France / Belgium.  School.
  3)  Touring Europe.
  4)  USA / Turkey.
  5)  Naples Italy. S##thole.
  6)  All the National Parks, USA.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 20:24:20 PM »
1) Littlehampton, Sussex
2) Holland
3) Corfu (like Steveb1 :D )
4) Turkey
5) None really, Marrakech was a huge disappointment, all hassle and flies. Great AI hotel though, I would go back to that  :)
6) Tough question me. Maybe Vietnam

Offline faymoore

• Enjoy your life,this is not a dress rehearsal!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 20:53:00 PM »
1) Cornwall (Hayle)
2) Belgium (Ostend)
3) Isle Of Wight  (Ryde)
4) Portugal (Algarve)...several visits over last 20 years
5) Not had one yet!
6) I am thinking, Canada, Far East or Australia.. sorry couldn't decide  :)

Dave.

Offline pops

• Craig
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 21:35:27 PM »
1) California Cliffs (Norfolk....not California) My undying memory is my father hiring bicycles for us to get around the site and Paperback Writer playing many times a day through the speaker system throughout the park (1966, I was 5)
2) Spain (Ibiza 1993, I was 32 getting my first passport)
3) As above
4) Icmeler
5) Marmaris (we go from Icmeler to Marmaris on the boat taxi every time we are there. But just for lunch somewhere on the harbour. We wouldn't have another holiday there if it was free)
6) If I could do it over a long period, with a proper itinerary and unlimited funds, I'd love to travel around Canada.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 22:07:04 PM »
1) The location of the earliest family holiday you actually remember - 1968ish East coast of Scotland, on top of some cliffs somewhere, in a static caravan. I was 9 years old and an accomplished horse rider, so my Dad took me and our 2 dogs out on the horse. We got chased by a bull in a field. First time I ever saw my Dad run so fast and literally throw himself over a gate.

2) The first country you visited that was outside the British Isles - 1972 Chamonix, France, school skiing trip aged 13. When we arrived there was no snow. When we left there was still no snow. Us kids went exploring every day, the staff got drunk.

3) The first destination you booked yourself, or with friends/family (i.e. not booked by parents etc) -  1978 Golden Sands Caravan Park, Mablethorpe with my then boyfriend (now husband) and my little brother. I taught my husband to swim on this holiday in the site pool, which was freezing.

4) The first destination you booked yourself and had to return to again - Ireland - we went several times with the kids over the years. Had a proper spooky moment in Cahersiveen, Co Kerry when we visited for the first time. We stopped just to buy drinks for the kids and when I got out of the car I felt like I knew the place really well. I then described what was there before we actually saw it. Very strange.

5) The holiday destination you booked and would never, ever go back to  8)  - Market Bosworth (no, I don't know why either) Horrible hotel, horrible staff, couldn't wait to leave.

6) The number 1 destination you have never been to but would choose if you could choose anywhere (and someone else pays :D ) - New Zealand. Or Canada. And Norway for a fjord cruise.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2016, 23:12:12 PM »

Menthol
  Re 4)  Many years ago we were touring Devon/Cornwall and staying B&Bs.  One day as we drove along I knew everything
  we were going to see before we got there, describing all the old buildings and landmarks yet I had never been there before.
  I don't believe in re incarnation but it's the only way what happened that day makes any sense. Weird.

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2016, 23:33:43 PM »
1. Childhood holiday, Norfolk broads boating holiday.

2. Progression from the broads to Majorca with parents stayed at delightful hotel punta negra aged about 7.

3. Turkey marmaris in 1988. Wasn't impressed, said I wouldn't rejturn to Turkey again unless I could go to the Olu Deniz region which I finally did in 1999 and the rest is history!.

4 Corfu a girlie holiday 1990. Tried to repeat it again the following year, but should of realised it's never as good as the first time. Somethings are best kept as a one off.

5.Newquay Cornwall....what's the fascination? Also wasn't that impressed with zante or Marmaris(see above). Popped back to change my mind actually really hated sharm el sheikh we were toying with selling our turkish house at the time so thought we would try somewhere else, hence we didn't sell!

6. South Africa,  Johannesburg set location of wild at heart, Glen afric Pretoria, and a walk with the lions. Would love to slip in a visit to Victoria falls as well. Or if I won the lottery I would hire a luxury gullett  (not a yatch I'm not high maintenance) sail around the Turkish coast and Greek island while I mulled over what to do with my millions.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 23:47:29 PM by MarKar »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf