Author Topic: What films have you enjoyed - or not?  (Read 2483 times)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: What films have you enjoyed - or not?
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 20:35:47 PM »

Stuart

The Star Wars and Mad Max films are new versions that are just being released.      ;)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2016, 20:41:52 PM »
Romance An officer and a gentleman i will never tire of the end scene in the factory when Richard Gere goes and sweeps Debra Winger up...
The Martins for comedy with Lee Evans and Kathy Burke and the late Frank Finlay.
Gone Girl for a thriller...
Two old now for any gory horror movies which in my youth i just loved   :)

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2016, 21:06:04 PM »
Highlander and Karennina - Billy Elliot and an Officer and a Gentleman (tears at both) -  I am a sentimental wuss. Billy Elliot especially - didn't expect to like that but ended up watching it again.

Never seen the Martins - thank you. Will give it a bash. Not struck on Lee Evans but Kathy Burke is a joy to watch.

Alexandria - Gladiator - up there with my best ever films - the music (emotional - can feel my heart beating). For A Fistful of Dollars - brilliant. Titanic - hmmm.

Kevin 3 - only watched the originals.

Karennina - yeah. In my youth, Texas Chain Saw Massacre et al. No longer need or want that. Never heard of "Gone Girl". Worth a watch?

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2016, 21:53:11 PM »
Im not that struck on Lee Evans but he plays a good part as the dad in a dysfuctuinal family, i love it but i do have a weird sense of humor, Kathy Burke plays a blinder as the downtrodden wife...
Gone Girl in my opinion is brilliant and Ben Affleck is rather easy on the eye...i had read the book so kind of knew what to expect, its a bit of a confusing storyline first of all and I just loved 'Amazing Amy",
Friday the 13ths and Haloween were my fav gories in my youth now I just cant stomach the gore!

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2016, 22:07:30 PM »
Me too, Karennina.

Same films when younger.

Poltergeist did more than The Exorcist to cause me disturbed nights. "They're ba -ack" (in sing song voice)....and the toothy chap in the hat who called at the front door? Whoo....

......not nice.

I don't know "Gone Girl" or "Amazing Amy". They sound a bit adult(y). Sort of "Debbie does the Dishes" or whatever.

Offline philrose

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2016, 08:33:57 AM »
My Brit films would be...

The Wicker Man (the ending still manages to shock)

Sexy Beast (one of Ray Winstons best)

The Family Way (great 60's Kitchen sink drama/comedy with John Mills and daughter Hayley)

Offline alixandria

• Newly Registered
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2016, 09:36:01 AM »
What version of The Wicker Man did you watch philrose as there are two.

Offline philrose

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2016, 10:28:45 AM »
It certainly was'nt the God awful Nicolas Cage remake....  ;)

The 1973 version with Edward Woodward and Christopher Lee...

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2016, 10:35:07 AM »
Ha Stuart sorry for confusfion Amazing Amy is the girl in Gone Girl played by Roseanne or Roxanne someone and what a great part she plays too...sometimes iv been told im too nice for my own good in life so when im trying to be a wee bit tuffer i put my Amazing Amy head on and think like she does!
U would need to read the book or watch the film to know what i mean...
Im enjoying this thread  as we love our movies in this house, i think we have roughly about 400 or 500 films to plough through mostly purchased in Turkey....
I loved Poltergeist too and also Midnight Express ( for those members who dont know it was not filmed in Turkey most of it was filmed in Malta...
Also up there with the best for me is Top Gun i read last week there is going to be a sequel to it...
Also Skyfall and the Taken movies love those too  :)

Offline Somerset Simon

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2016, 17:05:32 PM »
Kevin3 - streamed the Revenant last week after all the hype, but whilst some of the effects are good it just went on and on for 2 hours 20 mins, I would recommend  watching in 20 mins using fast forward!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf