Author Topic: Trying Spain again (under protest)  (Read 6034 times)

Offline Bluwise

Trying Spain again (under protest)
« on: March 13, 2016, 13:20:53 PM »
We're about to have a week in Nerja.  Not our first choice and nothing to do with falling out of love with Calis / feeling unsafe / taking a risk.
(Had we been able to get to Calis direct we would be there without hesitation but Nerja it is.  Calis will have to wait until June.)

We just feel in need of a break and hopefully some sunshine.  Canaries are out because I'm sick of trawling Owners Direct and Holiday lettings for accommodation that looks OK and is not up "cardiac hill" or a bus ride to a bar.   So, a bit of a risk on the sunshine front for Costa del Sol but fingers crossed.  It's rained all week in Tenerife and Lanzarote when we've been there so no guarantees if we went there either.
Packing is a pain - some warm clothes, some sunshine clothes, sandals and waterproofs - YUK!

I will report back on our findings as to whether it really is as cheap to go to Spain these days (as some have said) for eating out etc but I doubt it somehow.
I know where we would rather be going but mustn't be ungrateful.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Trying Spain again (under protest)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 13:32:47 PM »

We've had some lovely holidays in Estapona, Costa, and sunbathed in February, really nice weather, so fingers crossed for you.

We would have bought there years ago but the prices were silly, so we bought in Turkey.        :)

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 14:50:53 PM »
Thanks Kevin3 - I keep looking at different forecasts to try and find one I like -  ;D

Offline Lotty

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 15:06:06 PM »
Well I've been sunbathing here in Blighty today! AND I've caught the sun, there's a little sun-trap area just outside our window, we've sat out in February before now. I just closed my eyes today and imagined being in Turkey..... hmmmm that first feeling of hot sunshine on skin is delicious.

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 15:13:11 PM »
Yep, the weather here in Blighty is good right now. For the first time this year I have washing drying on my line. (I know it's sad, but for me it means that summer is on its way ) HOORAY!!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 15:48:08 PM »
We have had several fab holidays in Nerja. Great place..!

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 16:18:44 PM »
It is a nice place - we've been a few times in the summers before we discovered Calis.  Daytime on Burriana beach with some of that giant Paella for lunch, evenings near the Balcon and Carabeo.  We have hired a car for the week so if it does rain, we still won't be forced to talk to each other  ;D

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2016, 16:50:07 PM »
We're about to have a week in Nerja.  Not our first choice and nothing to do with falling out of love with Calis / feeling unsafe / taking a risk.
(Had we been able to get to Calis direct we would be there without hesitation but Nerja it is.  Calis will have to wait until June.)

We just feel in need of a break and hopefully some sunshine.  Canaries are out because I'm sick of trawling Owners Direct and Holiday lettings for accommodation that looks OK and is not up "cardiac hill" or a bus ride to a bar.   So, a bit of a risk on the sunshine front for Costa del Sol but fingers crossed.  It's rained all week in Tenerife and Lanzarote when we've been there so no guarantees if we went there either.
Packing is a pain - some warm clothes, some sunshine clothes, sandals and waterproofs - YUK!

I will report back on our findings as to whether it really is as cheap to go to Spain these days (as some have said) for eating out etc but I doubt it somehow.
I know where we would rather be going but mustn't be ungrateful.

Be honest Blue wise, you have just realised Calis is finished, even OUR Jacqui H R H has. and you only have to look on here to see who comes on every day
, all locations from the UK, some haven't  been here for over 8 years, ref Knob or should that be kkob.  IM BACK.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2016, 16:56:34 PM »

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2016, 17:03:48 PM »
Just returned from a week in Fuerteventura where it rained for the 1st two days!!. After that it bucked up to a pleasant 24 deg. for the rest of the week.  We found eating out to be relatively cheap still (despite the fall in sterling) but we thought that most things in the shops were on a par or more expensive than in the UK.  I think that the proliferation of cheap shops i.e B&M. Poundland, Aldi etc. and the ever increasing price wars between the big supermarkets, have certainly changed the way we look at price comparisons between the UK and other countries.  The rate in the resort was about 1.24 euros to 1 pound.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf