Author Topic: PC strikes again  (Read 2716 times)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
PC strikes again
« on: March 23, 2016, 20:15:15 PM »

Cadbury's  are removing the word Easter from most of their chocolate Easter eggs. When challenged they said not

everyone celebrates Easter.!!           So why would anyone who is "offended "by them want to purchase one.??

Disgusting pandering clap trap.           >:( >:(

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Re: PC strikes again
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 20:25:23 PM »
What a load of absolute rubbish from Cadbury. The PC brigade have gone bloody mental! I will point blank refuse to buy from Cadbury if they follow through with this course of action. Fed up to the back teeth of being mindful of "others" feelings and views. What about ours?  :o :o :o :o

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 20:27:46 PM »
That'll be why they're producing Halal Chocolate Easter Bunnies then.

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 20:32:13 PM »
We have bought eggs for our grand kids and not one of them says Happy easter on

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 20:38:42 PM »
  But what about the feelings of Vegetarians towards Bunnies.??           Where does this madness end.?

I stopped buying their products when their new American owners renaged on a promise to keep the UK

manufacturing plants running, and changing the ingredients, another broken promise. I don't buy Kraft

products either.

www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and.../7-ways-cadbury-has-been-trashed0/18 Jan 2016 - CADBURY'S HAS LOST MORE THAN £6 MILLION IN CREME EGG ... Within weeks Kraft had closed a factory, despite promises during the ...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 20:48:43 PM by kevin3 »

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 20:53:02 PM »

The above link has expired but Google Kraft Cadburys to find out their treachery.   >:( >:(

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 08:22:59 AM »
The background to the tradition of Easter eggs for anyone interested.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/anthropology-in-practice/beyond-ishtar-the-tradition-of-eggs-at-easter/

Most Easter egg manufacturers have apparently dropped Easter from their eggs. However, not all chocolatiers have done so. Meaningful Chocolate Company founder David Marshall company's Fairtrade charity continues to use "Real Easter Egg" on the packaging of its Easter products.

My bet it is to do with the packaging costs. It costs more money to produce a limited run of packaging for a time specific event, in this case Easter. By not including the word Easter the product has a longer shelf life.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 09:14:22 AM »
A rational suggestion, Nichola, but many people don't want reason; they far prefer blaming some unnamed people for being PC and having a rant about it. You may be right however. This advert shows that Cadbury is not at all shy about talking about Easter Eggs but very few of packages of the these Easter Eggs have the word Easter on them. Cadbury's would like you to eat them all year round - so they are Creme Eggs not Easter Eggs. I think there is someone on CBF who shares this year-round view.

http://www.cadburygiftsdirect.co.uk/category/161-easter-eggs.aspx

Offline madmart

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 09:27:43 AM »
The prices on the Cadbury website aren't that good. 48 Crème Eggs for £24. That is obviously 50 pence each. Yesterday we bought a box of 5 for £1.75. That is 35 pence each. Tried to find out if there is a delivery charge but Cadbury are out of stock!!

Edit

Found the delivery charge £5.50 so makes it an even worse deal!!

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2016, 20:25:12 PM »
To be honest Colwyn when I first saw this topic I checked to see if it was true because when you're on FB you see these sort of devisive posts designed to whip up hysteria and outrage all the time.

Although I believe I'm at least partly right and those 'Easter' bunnies pictured above are a perfect example of an item that could appeal and be sold all year round with a spike in sales at 'Easter' and no mention of 'Easter' on the packaging.

Anyway, there I am tonight on Facebook and what do I spot...

This http://www.thatsnonsense.com/easter-eggs-banned-daily-star-article-debunked/

And I quite enjoyed looking at these Easter eggs from the past that show that Easter has not always been included on the packaging of Easter eggs after all.

http://m.yorkpress.co.uk/news/12744749.How_many_of_these_Rowntree_Easter_Eggs_from_the_1970s__80s_and_90s_do_you_remember_/?ref=arc

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf