Author Topic: Offshore scandal  (Read 4677 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Offshore scandal
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2016, 18:05:27 PM »
You are rather good at predicting the next green bottle to fall off the wall Kevin. Do you have an inside line on this? Last year UEFA assured the investigating authorities that UEFA collectively, and Infantino personally, had no connection with a Mr Jinkis indicted on charges of $100million fraud. The Panama papers showed Mr Infantino was a co-signatory of UEFA-Jinkis contracts. Mr Infantino would like you to know that he has done nothing wrong: he simply has a poor memory.

The Fifa thing is a bit of a nothing really. The guy was one of two people that signed a contract (which is normal practice) that has since been sold on twice. He is two removed from the contract where it is now, in the spotlight and it is unlikely to affect him, although not a good start to his new Presidency apparently.

I have found once again France 24 offering superior coverage to the other media channels.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: Offshore scandal
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2016, 18:43:11 PM »
Yes it may be normal practice Nichola but Jinkis immediately sold on one of the contracted rights for three times the purchase price. Nice little deal that one. How did he get it? Well Jinkis is facing a US court with multiple allegations of bribery so some speculation is unsurprising. Now I don't want to become a bitter old cynic and suggest that all top "entrepreneurs" are basically dishonest but ... it does cross my mind sometimes. Somehow "forgetting" that these contract were signed smells really bad.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 18:55:25 PM by Colwyn »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf