Author Topic: The murder of Ayeeshia Jane Smith  (Read 3851 times)

Offline marina

Re: The murder of Ayeeshia Jane Smith
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 19:27:46 PM »
I've just spent the afternoon with two of my grandsons, the youngest is just 20 months old, the same age as poor Ayeeshia.  The thought of anyone, let alone a mother, murdering a child that age, or indeed any child, fills me with absolute horror. Children should be loved, nurtured, protected and feel safe within their family circle. It breaks my heart every time I hear about cases like this. Is hanging the answer? I don't know, but rather think that these actions are those of an evil woman rather than one not of sound mind.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 19:34:52 PM »
Hanging is too good for her in my opinion.

Mine too, but for very different reasons to yours Anne. Hanging (or any other method) is far to quick, easy and final. The family & friends have to live a life tainted/worsened by the loss of a loved human being - who in their right mind would want to give the murderer easy release from everything?

Lock 'em up, till they die of old age - hanging is too good for them.

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2016, 20:10:33 PM »
I believe the first step should be sterilisation she has
Forfeited the right to be a mother.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2016, 20:27:20 PM »
If a life sentence truly meant just that, that the perpetrator would spend the remainder of their sorry lives in gaol, perhaps we would have more faith on our joke of a judicial system.
Science is now able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt whether or not a person is guilty.  In these cases I truly believe in a life for a life

No doubt this so called mother and her partner will go through all sorts of rehab programmes whilst serving their sentences.  The question is now.  Will it work?  Or will they serve a paltry sentence (as we have seen all too often) and be free to mistreat another child :( 

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2016, 22:44:06 PM »

Once again the various authorities are churning out the "lessons will be learned" mantra, and nobody will be sacked

or sanctioned for their failings.

Another case in the Courts today was a "father" whose 28 day old son was constipated, so he thought it was funny to

pour Tabasco Sauce around the tot's rectum to make him go. The resulting burns were so severe the tot had to undergo

a Colostomy. The piece of s##t that did that to his child was sentenced to 2 years. The baby received a life sentence.

Absolutely disgusting and further proof that the Legal system in this country needs a complete overhaul. Judges and JP's

should be elected by a panel that includes members of the public and should face regular elections where their performance

can face scrutiny.

Offline CleopatrasAsp

• Irish by birth, Geordie by marriage!
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2016, 00:01:41 AM »
I believe she will get her just desserts within the prison system itself. 

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 11:28:42 AM »

The so called mother has just been jailed for life, with a minimum of  24 years and the stepfather has got 6 months

at Birmingham Crown Court. Since Social Services were aware of her mistreatment from a very early age perhaps they

should now stand trial for gross negligence, but don't hold your breath.       RIP Ayeeshia.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2016, 11:53:40 AM »
Since Social Services were aware of her mistreatment from a very early age perhaps they should now stand trial for gross negligence, but don't hold your breath.     

It will won't happen kevin3 but it damned well should.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2016, 12:36:57 PM »
Double that would suit me better. 
She will still be a relatively young woman in 24 years time.  Young enough to move away where no one knows her and start again. 
Yes, the authorities should now be brought to boot too.  This is happening all to often now to innocent little ones :(  Lessons never seem to be learned.

Offline patrice

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2016, 15:57:24 PM »
Rightly so the authorities should be held partly responsible but the government are also to blame due to the cutbacks of funds to social services .
My niece is a social worker on her return from maternity leave recently her case load  increased  threefold .She is coming home from work and having to write up reports until 2 in the morning.Being the lead social worker of her department the only way to cope is to delegate caseloads to support social workers this leaves a huge burden on her shoulders she is at her wits ends that some helpless child is going to be abused or lose their lives and being accused of negligence of her department.

She is now considering a career move because the pressure of the workload is affecting her health and her family life.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf