Author Topic: Shops  (Read 1662 times)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Shops
« on: April 26, 2016, 09:09:44 AM »

Yesterday BHS went bust. Today Austin Reed has gone under. I wonder how many more Charity Shops and Pound Shops we can endure.?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Shops
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 09:23:10 AM »
A few questions being asked about the BHS failure - especially in respect of a pension pot that's coming up half a billion quid short.  "Sir" Phillip Green and the subsequent investment capital firm look to have bled the company dry over the past few years.

JF

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 09:34:38 AM »
Surely Edinburgh wool mill could go.Maybe it is well used north of the border,but our local branch never seems to do much trade.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 09:40:53 AM »
Austin Reed are still going? Thought they would have gone years ago.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 10:01:49 AM »
John is right, there is a financial stink coming out if BHS, looks to me like an old fashioned case of asset stripping by what my old man woukd have called spivs - and I include Green, he knew what was happening after he took the low hanging fruit out if the company, and then sold it on for a pound for the final round of assett stripping and also create some clear water between himself, so he could pkay the not me gov game.   The ones who suffer the most will be the loyal employees and pensioners. 

And like the banks it will be you and I who will bail out the pension fund - Even though the pensioners will get reduced pension benefits - cover the unpaid taxes due that will be written off etc. Etc. Like I have always said until some of these finacial crooks are brought to court in chains and orange jump suits, like the USA, they'll keep on doing it, laughing at us mugs and telling us what successful entrepeneurs they are. 

Take dodgy kinghthoods away from tax dodgers is sone sort of punishment.... Don't make me laugh

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 10:07:51 AM »
  High Streets and shopping centre's are changing rapidly. On line shopping will keep increasing but I think Local Councils have a

lot to answer for, with their Parking policies and excessive Business Rates. In Brum there are "officials" dishing out fines to young

mums for their tots dropping crisps or sweets from their prams or pushchairs. I think some Council staff should be prosecuted for

their actions.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 10:21:42 AM »
Kevin I do understand the point you are making about uk shopping centres or high streets.  Although i really wish we had a council official or the police doing the same here in fethiye.  Not a day goes by when. I do not see oeopke throwing rubbish out if their car windiws, or peopke walking along and discarding items of rubbish onto the path. No one cares it seems for public spaces and property, not their problem, some else will clear it up..... Sad

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 20:58:20 PM »

UBT  there is littering and littering, but they don't let common sense get in the way of ticket targets. Babies should hold their food properly.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf