Author Topic: Petition for second referendum  (Read 5010 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Petition for second referendum
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2016, 11:06:20 AM »
Oh the irony.

The petition, now standing with more than 3 million signatures, demanding the rule for a second referendum is implemented was set up more than a month ago by a committed Leave campaigner from English Democrats because he thought the Remain camp was going to win.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2016, 11:24:28 AM »
But is it possible a second vote might happen?

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2016, 12:00:26 PM »
Anything is possible but I wouldn't bet on it.

However if there was another referendum I would bet on Remain. I know several people that instantly regretted their Leave vote come Friday morning and I have friends who know people like this too.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2016, 12:02:46 PM »
Analysis of the voting has shown that a big majority of the voters are British Passport holders who do not live in the U.K and also some are people who did not vote in the first place.

How is the analysis of the petitioners being carried out ?

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2016, 13:05:16 PM »
Carried out by asking members  of CBF who live in the U K  of course KKOB,   ;) Whats up with you?  you slowing up.  ;)  :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2016, 14:09:22 PM »
You're going to have to stop des. My sides can't handle anymore laughing.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 14:49:01 PM »
The House of Commons petitions committee has said it is investigating allegations of fraud in connection with a petition calling for a second EU referendum.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36634407

Another website is saying that there were apparently 3,400 names registered on the petition this morning purporting to be from UK citizens residing in the Vatican City.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2016, 15:54:18 PM »
Smacks of sour and desperate losers to me.  Whole thing would be laughable if the subject was not so serious, what do these second chanceer people not understand... they lost ... that's it.  The country needs to move on to put in place the exit, and the sour German, French and EU politicos need to grow up too, and work with the UK to put in place an amicable separation.

Plus Salmond and Sturgeon should be told as impolitely as possible - cos I am sick of hearing from them - not to keep pointing a figurative gun to the head of the rest of the UK, about what they want for Scotland.  Indeed, they should be careful what they wish for, cos the terms they may get, from both the UK and indeed those nice EU people, will not be as generous as they think they deserve!!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2016, 16:08:40 PM »
I am imagining Scotland being independent and part of the E.U., as the Oil depletes and we are all using the Euro and our taxes have gone up, we are paying for prescriptions and the Scottish Teenagers are paying for their University tuition and we no longer have the regular money from England to prop us up. Hope the E.U will help us out. 
Jus as well Eck(Alex Salmond) has some cash. He has a 5 bedrooms converted mill, (full of antiques), with his own river runing through it, set in a few acres of ground in Strichen Aberdeenshire and now he is having a another Mansion built, to his own specifications, in his new constituancy near Inverurie.  We are all wondering will he keep the two.   ;)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2016, 16:12:04 PM »
But is it possible a second vote might happen?
Not based on this so-called "rule" because it was invented by the silly ass Outist who started the petition.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf