Author Topic: Freebie in Marks and Spencer's  (Read 6680 times)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Freebie in Marks and Spencer's
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2016, 16:44:24 PM »
Des final warning. You don't like the forum, the people on it or them having opinions on where you live. I'd suggest you don't visit anymore.

You are a nice guy but you do come across as a total prat.
Keith, it was a pleasure to meet you and Steph and your two lovely Daughters in 2013 at the Oykun hotel. Firstly I joined the forum in 2009 and you are wrong to say I don't like it or the people on it, they have their opinions and I have mine. Now to your Final warning comment, I dont take verbal warnings/ written warnings/ or final warnings from anyone. so I suggest you go ahead and remove me I hope you will have the decency to display this my last post on CBF. Regards Des.

Greetin' at the thought  :)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2016, 16:46:10 PM »
Des final warning. You don't like the forum, the people on it or them having opinions on where you live. I'd suggest you don't visit anymore.

You are a nice guy but you do come across as a total prat.
Keith, it was a pleasure to meet you and Steph and your two lovely Daughters in 2013 at the Oykun hotel. Firstly I joined the forum in 2009 and you are wrong to say I don't like it or the people on it, they have their opinions and I have mine. Now to your Final warning comment, I dont take verbal warnings/ written warnings/ or final warnings from anyone. so I suggest you go ahead and remove me I hope you will have the decency to display this my last post on CBF. Regards Des.

Member request fulfilled.  Don't let the door skelp you on the arse on your way out...

JF

Offline scorcher

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2016, 17:13:35 PM »
Rabbie Burns?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2016, 17:27:35 PM »
Only if you put a match to his arse.

JF

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2016, 19:32:53 PM »
It was a slip up yonks ago echogirl and it's stuck now lol. I have no objections to it   :)

It was not intended this time - my apologies.

Offline Ally B

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2016, 19:41:36 PM »
Since Rabbie Burns was mentioned maybe Des can learn from a great quote of his

"O wad some power the gift tae gie us
to see oursels as others see us"

No great loss in my opinion.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2016, 20:44:32 PM »
Des learn ? :o :o :o

Have a listen to yourself Ally B   :)

Offline Ally B

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2016, 21:08:22 PM »
Sorry H.  Lost the heid for a moment.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2016, 22:26:35 PM »
I have been away since Monday so only now have a chance to reply with my thoughts. Here they are (take or leave, I don't much care).

1. I find it wholly repugnant that a member of our community shares some info with the forum in the hope that it might be of use to a few others and gets attacked for their thoughtful post.

If the topic isn't for you, move on to one that is

2. After 13 years as the Forum Administrator of CBF it never fails to disappoint me how there can be such bitterness and plain nastiness to others who are here only due to the fact they share everyone else's love of a little resort in Turkey.

3. In all of the 13 years it leaves me absolutely gobsmacked that the people that carry out these verbal assaults have to request to be deleted from the forum by the admin team - they are happy not to come here, but simply incapable of preventing themselves coming. I think that is evidence of disturbed minds - like paedophiles who beg to be arrested because they claim they can't stop themselves.

CBF has long since peaked - we are losing posts and page views by the shedload each year to sites like Facebook. I am grateful for the busy times and more than content with what we have now. The number one rule of CBF is respect other members. Go like hammer and tongs over something or other - fine, just don't get personal here.

If people can't do that, on a forum about such an uncontroversial subject as this one, I haven't got time to administrate it fully and nor have John and the mods - the team and I will warn then remove.

And I Assure you all, if it ends up with half a dozen of us talking about the price of Efes and the good old days, that'll do me.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2016, 22:54:29 PM »

Sure...ladies and gentlemen that was Des's last post on CBF.

But this is the one I hope he will be more remembered for...the nasty, volatile, dark & disturbed Des Martinson:

For gods sake Woman get a life, more people are probably interested in whats happened at Istanbul airport than Bloody FLIP FLOPS.  >:(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf