Author Topic: New Government  (Read 4947 times)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
New Government
« on: July 14, 2016, 11:23:12 AM »

Well May is ringing changes. Gove is gone,sacked,history.  Karma. Nikki Morgan, his backer,gone,sacked,history.

Osbourne gone, with his recent history around the building sites it was thought he would become an odd carrier,

but no, he is a Lieyer. Jeremy Hunt gone, Letwin gone, Whittingdale gone.  Looks like a promising start.

Merkel has congratulated May and invited her to Berlin. I think she wants to find out what this Democracy thing is all about.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: New Government
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 11:36:39 AM »
Good to see the end of Gideon. As a novelty, a circus clown has been appointed as Foreign Secretary.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 12:11:55 PM »
I like her. She's going through them like a dose of salts.  ;D

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 12:35:40 PM »

The Circus clown is leading the Labour Party (in a fashion) but Boris will cause the EU Commission a touch of indigestion.      :)

It's rumoured that Gove will join Corbyn's Circus as a Knife throwing act.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 12:50:47 PM »

Sky News are retracting their Hunt story, he is now staying on in Health to see out the doctors dispute.    :o

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 14:20:49 PM »
Boris Johnson has issued his first press release:

Gosh. I say. Wow. I'm Foreign Secretary now. Whoopee, I'll be able to shoot off all over the world at taxpayer expense. I can write a weekly column titled "What ForSec Did Next" for a newspaper and earn pots of money. I already have a book in mind "Secrets of MI6: By the Man in Charge of it". The boss says she is off soon to see Mr Hitler - oops, sorry should have said Mrs Merkel (the boss says it is best if I don't do that trip). Then she may go to America to see that Kenyan bloke who is President now and the sadistic nurse who maybe the next President (boss says it is best if I don't do that trip either). She suggests Syria at this time of year is very nice, and then suggests I might pop up to Moscow. Anyway, what fun we'll have when she's away! Whizzo, chaps!

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 14:52:53 PM »

There haven't been many posting's about the various Labour Parties lately. !!      Strange. !!

Stephen Crabb  MP has just resigned, using a get out claws.

Contrary to Project Fear, the BOE and the new Chancellor (remainer) have declared that there is no need for emergency measures. !!

Naughty Osbourne.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 15:11:43 PM »
There haven't been many posting's about the various Labour Parties lately.
Do try to keep to the topic - New Government. You might be embarrassed by it but you started the topic

So Gove has gone? I thought he was a unifying force. As Secretary of State for Education he unified the teachers, school heads, school governors, H.M Inspectors of Education, and anybody else involved in education; unified in utter contempt for the little twerp. He never persuaded schools to teach Latin as compulsory nor to teach that WWI was an heroic struggle for freedom and democracy. He will be sadly missed in Government - by himself.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 17:04:24 PM »

And his wife Colwyn. The only thing that embarrasses me about politics nowadays is the thought of all

the years I wasted as a Labour Party member and activist, and the fact that I believed Blair when he became PM.

Freelance now for me. Have a go at the lot of 'em. Back on topic, I think there are some good appointments in the

new Government and I see a much better future for us free from the EU dictators.   Rule Britannia innit.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 18:41:02 PM »
Yes, see a great future for the UK and some great appointments. Not only are we the laughing stock of the world, May has appointed the clown as foreign secretary. This is the guy who said an hour ago Brexit does not mean leaving Europe. The guy who has made more gaffes about foreigners that Prince Phillip has made. They are not really gaffes they are insults.The guy who through his career has lied

The new Brexit Secretary Dangerous Davis. The man who does not even know how the single market works. He is proposing separate trade deals with each country. One with the Germans so they can sell their cars, one with the French so they can sell wine and cheese and so on with the other countries. Someone should tell him how the single market works and that the UK will have to negotiate with the EU countries as a group.a ll it needs is one of the 27 to veto any agreement.  He is also the individual who is actually suing the UK government. Guess where he is suing, yes, the European Court.

The decrease interest rates that did not happen is due to worries about the weaknesses in the economy. Decreasing rates will increase inflation pressures as sterling drops and encourage investors to move funds. Carney panicked after the vote and has now peed off the city. The minor recovery in sterling today is a readjustment as the markets had priced in a rate decrease. This recovery will be short-lived and sterling will drop again in the next month.

It is now widely accepted that the UK economy is going to go into recession. RICS has reported today that there is a slowdown in the housing market. There are concerns that inflation could rise to 3%. What is interesting is that the UK economic policy is aligned to the policy the ECB is Persuing and that they disagree with.

Politicians have short memories. Theresa May, 4 weeks ago said in a speech that the UK needs Europe more than they need the UK.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf