Author Topic: Security but not at Manchester Airport.  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Security but not at Manchester Airport.
« on: July 28, 2016, 14:40:01 PM »
We have just returned from a Cruise and we noted good Security in all the places we visited. It as very comforting to see other countries pull out all the stops for tourists.   Countries included Italy, France, Greece, Crotia and Montenegro.   We saw lots of armed police and soldiers at tourist hotspots.
We were particularly impress at Genoa Airport, which is a very small Airport, very tiny inside.  There was a queue outside to get in and there were armed  soldiers and police patrolling outside and also when we got inside to another queue there were soldiers there too.  It made me feel a lot safer.
However,  Manchester Airport was packed and I mean packed with people, it was so busy people were sitting on stairs as there were no seats. We did not see one policeman or one soldier.   This place would be an absolute dream for any terrorist to target.   I did not feel safe there at all.  I would not want to return.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: Security but not at Manchester Airport.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 21:07:11 PM »
I know what you mean Jacqui re English airport security not been to Manchester airport ever but when I returned from Turkey earlier this month, i had four or five hours to wait for my coach home, i never saw one policeman, I ended up going back up to chechk in areas to try and find a comfy seat to get some sleep...never got challenged...some other members said I would have been seen on the cameras at airport which is a little reassuring but was very relieved when my coach arrived....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf