Author Topic: Made My Day  (Read 1976 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Made My Day
« on: July 31, 2016, 17:24:06 PM »
I invite you to contribute some happy thought to this thread. What I have in mind is something small, perhaps something that wouldn't be important to someone else, but it made you quietly happy.

My contribution is from yesterday when I saw a bird of prey flying over our house. Too small for a buzzard, too big for a kestrel, certainly not a red kite, and maybe a little larger than a sparrowhawk. All of these I have seen over our house. This was different. Hilary saw a pair and heard their cries this morning. That led to a
positive identification. Peregrin Falcons. Wonderful birds, first time in my life I have seen one. Made my day.

Offline Lotty

Re: Made My Day
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 18:15:46 PM »
This little Robin sat in a bush for 30 minutes (not 18" away from me) while I was cutting back shrubs. It never flinched and maintained eye contact throughout. Remarkably a little Robin always sat closeby watching M whenever he worked outdoors. It really lifted my spirits.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 18:26:36 PM »
No photo due to Highway code, and it was yesterday rather than today, but a stoat ran across the road in front of my car. It was a beautiful moment, and I still find it amazing that they are about 5" long and not the foot and a bit I always imagined :D

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 18:29:38 PM »
I should have said I posted a stock photo, not mine.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 18:34:39 PM »
Now you tell us

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 18:54:43 PM »
OK OK. Here is a photo that I took myself in my garden of a peregrine - a plastic model of one that was blown over the fence from my neighbour's garden.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 19:17:56 PM »
My day was made on Friday with the feedback I received after sending someone a daft 9 second video of myself that I had made via the Snapchat application on my phone.

The person was feeling rather down in the dumps over something pretty serious, so my flippant attempt at lifting her spirits was a bit of a risk.
But she video called me with tears of laughter running down her cheeks and saying she had played it over and over again and her and her sister had howled with mirth.

I'd love to tell you it was nothing short of a very brief masterpiece but of course it wasn't, it just happened to touch her funny bone in just the right place.

Made me feel really good too   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf