Author Topic: Greetings from Portugal 2  (Read 4133 times)

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
Greetings from Portugal 2
« on: November 01, 2016, 14:54:05 PM »
This is the village of Barao Soa Joao where we are staying.

[imghttp://][/img]

Offline spo6666

• Paul
Re: Greetings from Portugal 2
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 15:28:32 PM »
Looks nice and peaceful   :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 15:41:31 PM »
Looks lovely Don,  I am sure you are missed down at Engin's place.  We were in there last month and there was lots of building work going on for next season.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 16:47:53 PM »
Very colourful Don, it looks bright clean and lovely. Id love to hear more, are you both enjoying it? Is it a good alternative to Turkey?  8) I was there for lunch with Jacqui and Phil too and we thought about you  :D

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 18:24:42 PM »
Very colourful Don, it looks bright clean and lovely. Id love to hear more, are you both enjoying it? Is it a good alternative to Turkey?  8) I was there for lunch with Jacqui and Phil too and we thought about you  :D

Hi Lotty.

We are both well and enjoying life. We first visited Portugal in 1994 and fell in love with the western Algarve. We particularly  liked Lagos and stayed in the area in our motorhome many times over the years. We are loners/isolationist and prefer our on company. We always enjoyed our stays in Turkey but we felt in need of a change, nothing to do with the problems they are experiencing at the moment. We always felt very safe in Turkey we often wondered around Fethiye late at night and never felt anything but very safe.

We live the same lifestyle in Portugal as we did in Kaya except here we don't eat out. We have the same diet as we do at home. Some people find it very hard to understand that when you are away for 6 months it's a way of life and not a holiday.

I can recommend Portugal's Western Algarve  if you are looking for a quiet holiday.

Sorry I've rambled on a bit I'm gettinga sad old man in my old age.

DonM

Offline sadler

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 18:35:58 PM »
Looks absolutely idealic Don. Just so sorry that circumstances have made it Impossible for us to move too far from our routes now. Enjoy your freedom.    :)

Offline marina

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 18:57:19 PM »
It does look lovely Don. Enjoy your winter   :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 20:03:39 PM »

Hi Lotty.

We are both well and enjoying life. We first visited Portugal in 1994 and fell in love with the western Algarve. We particularly  liked Lagos and stayed in the area in our motorhome many times over the years. We are loners/isolationist and prefer our on company. We always enjoyed our stays in Turkey but we felt in need of a change, nothing to do with the problems they are experiencing at the moment. We always felt very safe in Turkey we often wondered around Fethiye late at night and never felt anything but very safe.

We live the same lifestyle in Portugal as we did in Kaya except here we don't eat out. We have the same diet as we do at home. Some people find it very hard to understand that when you are away for 6 months it's a way of life and not a holiday.

I can recommend Portugal's Western Algarve  if you are looking for a quiet holiday.

Sorry I've rambled on a bit I'm gettinga sad old man in my old age.

DonM

Yes, the lovely Lottie was with us at the Istanbul.  Phil was sorry we took her there as it was like a builders yard, but we had a nice afternoon lunch with a few drinkies thrown in.
I think we may look again at the Algarve for a wee holiday.  I wish they flew from Aberdeen though.  Thanks again for reviving my interest in Portugal where we used to have a time share.

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 20:12:30 PM »
Looks beautiful Don. My ex mother-in-law had a villa built there over 20years ago. A beautiful unknown place named Tavira, not far from Portamao. Typical Portuguese town and hardly any tourists. But ı loved it! I've since seen advertising for Tavira holidays so i expect it's not an unknown town anymore which is a shame as it will lose most of its charm.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 22:35:38 PM »
Don, thank you for replying, you've had a marvellous life of travel experiences and your opinions are valued. I love that you continue to travel and enjoy places where you actually live for part of the year. It's exactly what Martin and I wanted to do and did to a certain extent. (9 weeks the longest!) So I know what you mean by people thinking you are permanently in holiday when you are actually spending time living in a country. I loved cooking at home several days a week using the fabulous Turkish ingredients. Like you we were also very happy on our own. A marvellous experience and no, you haven't rambled on at all, we've missed your posts, keep them coming it's amazing.  8) ;D

Portugal is beckoning !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf